• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

need to slow down

serenitylove

:( well tonight i have just had a lovely roast dinner i dont have full restriction but still on small meals so had a child size dinner [only one potatoe]but ate to quickly which im learning the hard way is soooo bad! ended up having one mouthfull to much and then for ten mins couldnt even swallow saliva which was quiet scary so i did propbably not the right thing but made myself sick as i didnt know what else to do :cry:

did it hurt, i find some things i can wash away and others i have to belch up but iv always been able to do this i think i must have a weak osophogus valve or something cos i dont need to be actually sick

well your dinner sounded lovely, iv sent hubbie for a chinky my first on normal food iv ordered a chow mein as lower fat than some of my other favs and didnt know how id cope with rice, im guessing noodles are soft so will easily go down and be chewed. looking forward to it now im officially on solid foods lol and making the most as fill on thursday and back on liquids

just a little tip to slow down the speed a meal is eaten, between each mouthfull put down the knife and fork and do not pick them up again until the prevoius mouth full of food has been chewed and swallowed, this helped me, as if the foods going in quicker than it can pass through the band hole it will make you sick

liz

did it hurt, i find some things i can wash away and others i have to belch up but iv always been able to do this i think i must have a weak osophogus valve or something cos i dont need to be actually sick

well your dinner sounded lovely, iv sent hubbie for a chinky my first on normal food iv ordered a chow mein as lower fat than some of my other favs and didnt know how id cope with rice, im guessing noodles are soft so will easily go down and be chewed. looking forward to it now im officially on solid foods lol and making the most as fill on thursday and back on liquids

i wont lie it did hurt usually a burp does the trick but i couldnt get one out lol
i only stay onliquids for a day after fill so i dont mind it too much but reckon way im going one more fill and im there:)

just a little tip to slow down the speed a meal is eaten, between each mouthfull put down the knife and fork and do not pick them up again until the prevoius mouth full of food has been chewed and swallowed, this helped me, as if the foods going in quicker than it can pass through the band hole it will make you sick
liz

thanks liz im going to have to be more carefull i think going so long with no restriction led to bad habbits coming back but i seriously dont want that to happen again so will try what you have suggested

Oh i'm the same. Can't seem to get the hang of eating slowly, and quite often end up in awful pain with a blockage. I too make myself sick, just to feel better, but sometimes i don't have a choice.

I think i'll try what Liz suggested too.

xx

give it a go girls, it does help and you can enjoy your meal so much more.
good luck with it !

liz x

Before my bypass I used to end up like that quite alot and nothing I could do would shift it. I'd make myself sick but what remained would cause me days of pain. That was cause a band that should have been around the top of my stomach from a previous surgery had dislodged and was around the bottom of my stomach restricting what went out. Think this is why I'm so nervous of going on to more solid things, the pain of the last ten years has n't gone away yet.

Back