• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Screw it....i hada banana!

magicbeans

no longer obese!!
and it was LUSH!..... i chewed it to death and had half and instantly felt full...so good to feel full...havent felt this in a few days.... i just cannot do liquids for another week and considering everyone else here goes to mashed stuff at 2 weeks im sure its pretty safe for me to go to purees now as well.

looking forward to scrambled eggs, fish and mash! sick sick sick of soups!

i prob will have to do 4 weeks of purees if i wana start solids in 6 weeks as they want me to......

so nice using a fork today....a fork!!!

no bread yet kebv !! i still struggle with bread x
good luck to you both x x

Im struggling with bananas at the moment, sometimes they go down ok and other times really hard.

MB, just be careful with going against your providers rules as should anything go wrong (band slippage, erosion, leaks etc...) and they know you went on mushies earlier than they like, you may find yourself out of contract terms and conditions.
Im not 100% sure but my T&C's stated that if i dont follow their advice and rules, any problems are basically my fault and they wont take any liability.

mashed banana in brown bread

I used to love banana sandwiches on brown bread...(sigh), but still can't handle bread even after a year.

So, now I eat mashed bananas on Fox's wholemeal biscuits instead, with a little cinnamon on top. Sometimes I put a smear of Philadephia light under the banana. It's close enough for rock and roll!

and it was LUSH!..... i chewed it to death and had half and instantly felt full...so good to feel full...havent felt this in a few days.... i just cannot do liquids for another week and considering everyone else here goes to mashed stuff at 2 weeks im sure its pretty safe for me to go to purees now as well.

looking forward to scrambled eggs, fish and mash! sick sick sick of soups!
The simple things in life hey!! haha, I am 3 weeks out now and I had a banana mashed with a bit of custard yesterday, it went down lovely!! yummy. :) I worry all the time about what Im eating and how much I eat, I have my food on a side plate and dont feel full!! which worries me! :-( I get my first fill on 12 may so hoping things will feel different after that! Enjoy your mushies hun xxx

Kevin if you are on solids then the only way to find out is to have some. I personally have never had issues with bread x

Thanks tam...u r right....hmmm.... she said the earliest i could go is 2 and a half weeeks which is about sunday/monday.... still try to have liquids here and there but am a lot more content on mushies.

thanks bikerlady.... :)

I lasted about 10 days on liquids.. and have not had soup since! Well not often anyway. The 'mushy/pureed' stage is quite nice, I didn't mind that.

wow ur weight loss is amazing blueeyses....good to know all is going well with u ...how long were u meant to stay on liquids?

prune juice or the best thing i found was lactulose from the pharmacy.

i was told 3 weeks of liquids which is ridiculous! managed 12-13days! how rubbish am i!

So, now I eat mashed bananas on Fox's wholemeal biscuits instead, with a little cinnamon on top. Sometimes I put a smear of Philadephia light under the banana. It's close enough for rock and roll!

Gill, When during the day do you get this - sounds yummy. Is it a snack or a meal?

i enjoyed the mashed stage to cheesy mash mmmmm!! oh and mash and cornbeef yes you guessed it mashed together with bisto gravy mmmmmm!!!:D
JOANNE, genius!! corned beef ash!! yeaaaaaaaaah, I never thought of mash and corned beef, I am now looking forward to my dinner tomorrow (and prob same the day after haha) thanks :--)

Back