• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

which are the best yoghurts etc

amanda1

Hi

Having a bypass in weeks just trying to sort out shopping list so if any one can help i would be great full

1, what are the best low fat, low sugar yoghurt,s i can fine low fat but not low sugar is there a limit to which the sugar should be ie no more them 10gms in 100gms ????

2, can i still have gold blend coffee or does it have to be decaff yak ???

3, what is high protein milk ???

4, also when looking at lables which is the right amount of fat and sugar per 100gms

Thanks for your help

Last edited:

Karlos

Well you can't have 105g of sugar in 100g LOL but the best yogurt you can get is a low or zero fat low sugar natural one called Fage. It's not cheap but it is fantastic as a source of easily absorbed protein. The zero has no fat but doesn't taste as good as the low fat one which is yummy. I used to mix protein powder in it for an even bigger hit but that does alter the taste.

Coffee is OK in moderation but should not be included as part of your 2l of clear liquid per day. I never drink decaf but I do drink coffee

All milk is a good source of protein regardless of the fat content

You should look for less than 5g of sugar or fat in 100g if you can

BEXS99

Loves this site x
Karlos, after my operation will you come and live with me as your the better than any book hun lol xxx

Karlos

Karlos, after my operation will you come and live with me as your the better than any book hun lol xxx

LOL I don't work cheap you know LOL there again I don't eat much either :D

Karlos

Tesco and Sainsburys both sell it honey. Get the big tubs and measure out a small dollop each time as this is a much cheaper way of buying it

Miss Tickle

Hands off Bex- we're all after having Karl move in with us- and not just because he is the fount of all knowledge ( could be that's he's cute??).
I don't dislike 0% Fage on it's own now with berries or a banana but pre-op used to sweeten it with Canderal, Canderal Vanilla or even a drop of NAS Milk Shake syrup. I don't like much sweetness now so have it straight.
I will try the low fat one if I can find it as several people have said it's yumificent!
I also like Actimel low fat and fat free yoghurts. Very taste-alicious indeed xx

lesleyjean

Cheers Karlos you give great advice, I'm going to buy some of that Fage as well......do you have any other tips ??

Karlos

BEXS99

Loves this site x
lol Karlos a nice sunny week in north wales, you would love it lol x

penelope1008

Weight watchers yoghurts are one of the few that are low in fat & sugar to be below the 3G fat per 100g & 5g sugar per 100g. The Fage 0% fat Greek yoghurt is lovely thick & creamy.
I brought an easy yo yoghurt maker & use the skimmers or low fat sachets with splenda sugar substitute to make mine to go in homemade protein smoothies.
Depending on how sensitive you are you may be safe with active or shape yoghurts but you need to read the labels carefully.
Hope that helps.

penelope1008

Your welcome anytime I'm still learning what works & doesn't for my pouch but anytime you need any advice if I can I'll help.