• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Which diet?

TessG

Hi. I know that the majority of us on here have tried every 'diet' under the sun and 'failed', but I was just wondering if anyone had found one a diet that worked for them even if they put the weight back on afterwards. I haven't got as far as my pre-op diet yet and am still gaining weight. So I need some suggestions on how to keep my weight under control, preferably lose some.

Help!

Hannah

Hi Hannah

Great question.

Low carbing was my fail safe diet... all the time I followed it I continously lost weight & also managed to maintain, as soon as I went off track & ate carbs thats when my downward spiral began & I piled the weight back on.

I only wish I had had the will power to stick with it as I had never felt better, never felt hungry & had oodles of energy plus I enjoyed the food, it was a great way of eating & you could have a tipple or two... its the only one I could ever stick to-ish!! :D

I found slimming world the best cause you could eat loads as long as it was on a green or red day.:)

I agree, Slimming World for me. It was the only diet I was never hungry on and lost nearly 10 stone on it...sadly put it all and more back on! X

I agree with ditzeeblonde, I had excellent results with the low carb (atkins) diet too. If you stick to it faithfully, you really do see good results, but it really depends on which foods you really like...if you are a carbs person then it isn't really the best one to go for! I think maybe at this stage, following a simple healthy diet might be best, because you aren't really depriving yourself of anything....a sure fire way to make something irresistable!

ATKINS!!!!!!!! the best and easiest diet i have ever been on, stuck to it for 10 months, lost 5 stone, then fancied beans on toast and that was the end of that.
no matter how i tried i couldn't do it again.

PS. if you need an idea and support, try WLS's old site, (minimins.com).
it's the same as this site but for all different diets, and it's very active.

ATKINS!!!!!!!! the best and easiest diet i have ever been on, stuck to it for 10 months, lost 5 stone, then fancied beans on toast and that was the end of that.
no matter how i tried i couldn't do it again.

I had a similar experience doing 'Super Slim' Sue! Lost six stone, got pregnant, ate what i wanted and never returned back into the 'Zone' when i'd had my baby... Sometimes our head is just in the right place, unfortunately it fails us again usually at some point! x

cambridge it canny but after having a week on add a meal i struggled to getback on...

i lost 7stone in 6 months, put it all back on in 8 months!!!

No diets worked for me, I would lose 2-3 stone and then put it all on and a bit more. I can maintain weight by exercising and cutting down on alcohol and cake/biscuits/sweets, but even with thrice weekly Zumba plus the above I don't LOSE weight just maintain?!

Dell, I'm the same, I've tried all the diets going, and can manage to lose a little (most I've ever lost is 2 stone) but someway along the journey I give up and put it all back on. I'm really panicking about not being able to lose weight for the op. I'm not at that stage yet but have to look to my diet/portion sizes and try and do my best to cut down/cut out - I really want to do it, but I fear I will fail yet again! my track records really bad at sticking to things.

Hi

Everyone is going to have had differing results but here are mine.

Diets that worked for me:

Rosemary Conley - low fat calorie controlled :D

Cambridge - worked but the lack of chewable food seriously messed with my mind :cry:

Those that didnt:

Slimming World - tell a non meat eater she can eat as much rice and pasta as she wants and she will, I didnt lose an oz, infact gained weight.

Weight Watchers - lost 1/2 stone in 6 months, grrrr

Good luck x

I loved Slimming World and lost almost 3 stones on it my best ever weight loss) I liked t do combination of red (which are high protein, low carb) and green (high carb low protein) days. At the weekend we would have a mixed grill blow out! huge Steak, 2 lamb chops, 1 or 2 pork chops, salad and a tiny jacket spud! and I still lost weight!

I CANNOT believe how much I ate, portion-wise, when I look back!:eek::eek::eek:

Just before surgery, when I needed to lose weight FAST (or my op would've been cancelled!:eek:) I went on a high protein diet my brother tod me about: just basically lean meat and fish, and hardly any carbs at all, and low fat too. I lost just over a stone in 4 weeks. And because I love meat, it worked...but I did have a huge incentive!

Novamay - I was advised to get my BMI down to 50 or below if I *could* preop just to give myself a better recovery position as a GA and the op will give us a battering! I did this, but bet I have put a load back on when they weigh me at preop assessment later as I have eaten LOADS this week to try and make the most of it LOL!! You WILL lose weight doing the preop diet tho, which is a bonus and a blessing!

cambridge it canny but after having a week on add a meal i struggled to getback on...

i lost 7stone in 6 months, put it all back on in 8 months!!!

:DSnap!

Back