• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Which diet???

bypass2012

Hey guys, had my pre op on the 5th been told should get surgery within the next 12 weeks.

I want to lose as much weight as I can to reduce risks... I have no idea which diet to do? I was thinkin like slimfast -one meal a day then the rest shakes?

why dont u just do healthy eating until you get your diet sheet, you're bound to lose weight. Good luck :) xxx

I did a lot of research pre op and the biggest thing that stuck out in all the reading and talking to people was the size of the portions and the need to chew food well post op. I started to put less on my plate, chewed as much as possible before swallowing and gave myself permission to leave food if I really wasn't hungry or didn't want anymore.

I still ate whatever I fancied but had less and better. It's good practice for after the op and "diets" always make you feel restricted and resentful eventually. Hope that helps :D

Glad you've made the decision to try to lose before your op, it shows that you heads in the right place...

Good luck on your new adventure :):)

instead of putting yourself through the slimfast thing until you get your diet sheet ... i would as said above just eat healthily... for 4 weeks before my op i did a low carb diet and lost two stone... it consisited of the following and i wasnt hungry at all.. and in fact i ate more..

Cereal and milk for breakfast or a yogurt
Lunch: chicken or meat with salad
Dinner: chicken or fish or low fat meat with lots of veggies and just one small potato.

2 yogurts per day
half pint of semi skimmed milk a day

hope this helps xx
this was all low fat and no sugar x

Back