• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Which diet?

Astraste

Hello All,

Well I am due to have my op February 26th and I am planning to start my diet any day now lol. My dr didn't really advice me to go on any diet but I told him I would be so now I need to decide which one to start. Now my choices are;
The cambridge diet which I have done before, its got a lot of choices and the weight loss is good, but I do find it hard to stick to.
The milk diet, this diet is something I've never done, but I hear its had great results and is the recommended diet to do before weight loss surgery. I'm finding this diet daunting, I have no idea how I would fair on 4 pints of milk and a bovril every day.

Which diet should I do? how much weight is the average loss on the milk diet? and when your on it is it easy to stick to?

Any advice going would be great. Thanks lovelies :)

The Cambridge diet is very expensive. I'm on day 1 of the milk diet I'm allowed 2 pints of milk 2 low fat yoghurts and an oxo/bovril, you could try one diet and if it doesn't work for you you can switch.
Good luck

Yep thats what I Did hune. I started on the milk diet gave me terrible indigestion. So switched to low carb low fat. Did really well. So try One If u dont like it switch!

My provider advised low fat and low carb, however from choice I did the milk diet, simply because I didn't want the choice of what to have. I had up to 4 pints of milk a day, 2 low fat yoghurts, NAS jelly (made to milk jelly to have something to "eat" and although I could have a bovril etc I don't like them so didn't.

I lost 17lbs on my pre-op milk diet and I found it prepared me well for the liquid post op stage too. I could have followed a diet using my providers own shakes etc but as I dont like shakes I just went with milk. First couple of days took a bit of getting into, after that, not a problem :)

I had to do slim fast plus fruit and veg. Lost zilch but my liver was fine for the op - which is the purpose of the pre op diet x

Think my op is 13th Feb and im having the same thoughts too....just cant decide on what to have.
Im worried i will be so hungry on the milk diet that I may cheat, but if I have the other will the little bit of food I can have prompt me to eat more than I should.

Just wish they could tell me ....Mandi you have to do plan 1 , make the choice for me lol xx

Day 1 of the milk diet has gone surprisingly well for me today, 2 pints of milk, 2 muller Greek low fat coconut yoghurts, 1 chicken bovril drink, 1 sachet no added sugar jelly divided into 3 servings. Not felt hungry :0)

Thanks for the advice girls, I think I am going to take your advice and start the milk diet and then if I see myself wavering I will dip into the packs I have for cambridge. I've looked today for sugar free yogurts but can't find any anywhere? Is there any ones you recommend?

Day 2 of the milk going well, not feeling hungry but feeling a little bloated. The sugar free jelly is made by Hartley's it comes in sachets. You get 2 sachets per packet, you can normally find it with the regular jelly's and angel delight toppings x

Hi my provider (THG) recommended to me 3 slimfast drinks a day and 5 muller yogurts. I will be starting this in a couple of weeks... good luck on whaterver diet you choose xx

Hi,

For those that have tried the Cambridge diet and the milk diet, what did you feel was easier. I have sachets left from the cambridge but I found it difficult to stick to.

I am having a gastric wrap, how many weeks is your pre-op diet supposed to be as I have had no info yet?

pre-op diet is usually 2 weeks unless your BMI is over 55 then they tend to say 3 weeks. I start mine in a few weeks and have been told low fat, low carb and smallll portions ensuring I don't go over 1200 kcals a day. I have a good diet sheet to follow and I'm sure knowing what the end goal is i'll stick to it :)

I am really struggling to start the diet. I know I need to, my date is the 26th of February. Wish I could just get the motivation to start it lol.
I would say the cambridge diet is easier than the milk diet as you have more choice, I am going to flit between the two, as soon as I kick start it... lol

Back