• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Which hospital to choose ?

Fairysteps

I have the choice of three hospitals in which to have my surgery. What one do I choose ?

Royal Bournemouth & Christchurch Hospital
North Bristol NHS Trust
Taunton & Somerset NHS Foundation Trust

Fankoos x

Hiya,I also had to choose my hospital,I made my decision on the shortest waiting list as some make u wait years and I didn't want to do that,google each hospital and their surgeons,good luck in deciding xx

I googled Taunton, they were the first hospital in the southwest to do bariatric surgery. They really go deep into all the checks and so take a while to get to the surgery. I did fancy that hospital but like you I am going to ask for the quickest route.

I was done at Bournemouth , consult to op 3 months . I didn't have a choice , I live in Bournemouth , take into consideration travel etc

Hiya Fairy

Corsham here nice to meet you I choose Bristol but that is due to my disabilities and journey times to n from the other Hosp. I have my 1st consultation 29th Oct. Add me as a friend we can do this together. xxx Ann xx

Your only in Corsham lovely :)
Thanks for the friend request. would love to get to know you more. I live in Melksham, not far, about 7 miles...
We must do coffe one day ?
eeeek at getting funding lol

Yeah will deffo have to meet up for a drink will be nice to have a buddy to do this journey with. xx

Tried to send you a private message with my tele numbers but you have selected no for private messages. Keep in touch xx

Last edited:
I'm new to forum I'll go change settings.
Now where's the door lol

Think I've done it right ?
Try again Ann

ok will try now No still no luck. Dont know how u can change it maybe post a shout in FAQ section. xx

Just had a good nose about. And found I have to have over 50 posts to be able to use the private messages.

:) good xxx

Last edited:
Got it
(✿◠‿◠) **

Just had appointment with Dr Harrison-Smith, I am now on my way forward. Dr has applied for me to have my surgery at Bristol.
Eeek :) so excited...
He said I should hear something within 2 mths.

It's really happening !!!

mine was with me within a week so fingers crossed you will hear sooner xx

Back