• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

white stockings

kay milburn

can any one help. at the hospital 1 nurse told me to wear the stockings all day and all night and one nurse told me to take them off at night. which one is right. got to wear them for 4 weeks they are getting on my wick already..

I know the feeling I hate them. I have to have them on 24/7 just take them off when in the shower. Have to keep them on until fully mobile.

Do you put them on over the plastic bag they came in ? Makes it much easier.

hey,
when i was in hospital i had to wear them all the time and the nurse measured my legs so they fitted perfect, if there too big they won't work as well. i used to hate wearing them . xx

The easyest way to get these on by yourself is pop a sandwich bag on your foot 1st, then pop your stocking over it then pull it through the hole underneath the toe piece. It glides on with ease. Gail x P.S I had to keep these on for 10days 24/7 apart from showers etc.

OMG I Hate these stockings!! Ive had them before as Ive had DVT's in the past and because of that Mr Ammori wants to wear them for 6 weeks after!!!!! :eek: Noooooo! Do they only come up to the knee now or all the way up still?

o god!!! i HATE those stockings the thought of wearing them now makes me feel claustrophobic and all tight and horrible urghhhhh i had them for my sections, do u have to wear them for the band?

They are bleedin horrible, after my last C-section in Jan they told me to wear them for 4 weeks! I managed a week, and after the bypass they didnt tell me how long to wear them for, but they lasted a week, they dug in to the top of my leg and it was really sore, but by then i was up and about plenty so i thought it would be ok, am still on the clexane injections though:sigh:

what are the clexane injections? Is tha heparin/blood thinner? who does them? do yu have to give them yourself?
sorry, so many questions!

I hate the white stockings too, really dreading them!

was suppose to keep mine on for 6 weeks 24/7 they lasted about a week then the started to ruck up around my ankle and left deep grooves which would have stopped the blood flowing anyway. So off they came and didn't go back on.
Again I made sure I moved around as much as possible and did all my foot and leg exercises.

I didn't have to wear stockings at all - I did have the 'pumpy air things' (medical term that:D) but by the morning of the day of discharge I was told I no longer needed them.

As for Clexane (which prevents blood clots) I had to inject myself every night for 14 days once I got home.

Confession :eek:- I couldn't actually inject myself but my little sister was more than happy to jab me every night! I think she was kinda sad when it was over tbh...:rolleyes:

Back