• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Who are or what is IPC weight management?

cookiejojo

Hi, i'm in west sussex saw my doctor over a week ago about being referred. I received a phone call today and have an appointment to see someone about my weight, she didn't really explain the system, mentioned psychologists, dieticians getting weighed, bp and questionaire. Is this the 3 tier system i'm entering? I so just wanted to go into surgery. And if you lose weight while doing this 3 tier will they not say, actually u can loae weight without surgery...Is it best to do everything that they throw at u (mentioned exercise classes). Just going to be playing on my mind till Tuesday now.

i think what you mentioned is right....before offering surgery the gp needs to make sure you have covered every ground before he can refer you successfully... good luck on tuesday xx

Had my weight management meeting today to be honest I have no idea where I stand with getting a band. Been told to do a food diary, continue with weight watchers and have a home visit from someone.

Last edited:
Hi i am already doing the weight management prgramme and there is no funding for surgery or bands until at least October. My group is the first to go through the tier three programme that lasts a year and we think (anecdotally no hard evidence) this is the only way to get to the tier 4 surgery and the team can refer you there. if i hear more i'll post again.

Back