• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

who gets what ?

Anyone that gets plastics now will be very lucky,you are usually told going in for wls that plastics wont be available.Its one area they have really cut back on.Thats not saying some wont get it though,Its down to your pct and if there are other more serious ops needed, funding will go on that.

yerp... its highly unlikely that plastics will be funded... tho... like B.A.B has just said... some areas may still fund..

my area state that they will not fund plastic under any circumstances if its purely down th WLS!!! tho there was a clause about being psychologically affected... but... that is not easy to prove as i found out even with the help of a psychologist...

(tho i do know of 1 person that did get it funded but im still in awe as to how!!)

i really couldnt live with the state of my body so had no choice but to self fund...

x

Blackpool are still stating they will fund plastics providing maintained weight for 2 years....I'm 50/50 with regard applying for assistance, i'm quite happy as i am but i suppose it would be nice to have a nice pair of boobs and no apron. But as BAB says there are more important things for the NHS to spend its money on. So for now i will keep rolling it all up and putting it in strong underwear. xxx

Sandwell (BMI 25 and under) Dudley (BMI 27 and under) will fund plastics
I am sure Wolverhampton and Birmingham will as well but don't know the criteria for those

I was told that Dudley PCT no longer fund plastics after WLS, so I'm saving!

SRH is currently BMI of 27, Karen x

:)

East Sussex state they won't fund

Do you think it makes a difference if the NHS originally paid for the WLS? As in they see it as 2 operations you've had then from the budgets etc

Back