• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Has anyone been to Walsall manor for plastics

madstaffyblonde1

http://tickers.wlsurgery.
Has anyone had a consultation with Dr Lahiri the plastic surgeon at Walsall Manor? Can anyone tell me what happens at this appointment, I have spoke to my pct and they say i fit their criteria but something tells me they still going to say no

Well had my appointment with the ps, he was fantastic (would I be saying that if hd had said no) anyway we discussed what I wanted, he asked which type of surgery I wanted as there are different types I said I would leave that choice to him as he is the expert and no's what can be achieved. He got me to undress and lie on the bed he pulled, poked and prodded my tummy, he then got me to do a sit up. He then asked me to stand and take my bra off, I told him to get on his knees and watch his head :) he got out his measuring tape and took some measurements. By now I was sure hd was going to say no. I got dressed and went to sit back by his desk when he said ok I will do a fleur d Lyes tummy tuck as it will pull the skin tighter, he then said my boobs need a lift of by 9 inches and he also agreed to a labiaplasty.

I am now on the waiting list for the labiaplasty and he said it should be done dec/jan and if I can get my bmi to 25 he will immediatley put me on the list for the next surgery. He said all 3 have to be done separately and he hopes to have them all done within 8 months. He never mentioned anything about funding.

So I'm now on a count down to get my weight down as the pct changed it's criteria the 1st October from bmi 27 to 25, this means I need to be around 11:05 I'm currently 12:02. I've had a slow month weight wise I was on a stall then I dropped to 11:12 then jumped up to 12;4. He did say he would give me 3 to 4 lbs so the most I can weigh is 11:9.

Do you not have to maintain for a while before surgery?

He didn't say anything about that he just said he would put me on the list in dec/jan if my bmi is 25. When I asked how long it would take for all 3 surgeries he said all would be done in the next 8 months

Duz that mean that we don't gave to apply fir funding and goes on what the ps says as the labiaplasty has nothing to do with Wls I was always to chicken to ask about it :)

Lin as far as I know, the surgeon says yay or nay to funding, so if he has said yes then you dont need to worry.

I'm not under Walsall pct I'm under Birmingham east north, I was referred to Walsall for plastics purly as they have all my files ect there but the plastic surgeon I saw works from Sandwell hospital and that is where my surgery will take place

I'm not under Walsall pct I'm under Birmingham east north, I was referred to Walsall for plastics purly as they have all my files ect there but the plastic surgeon I saw works from Sandwell hospital and that is where my surgery will take place

Presumably then, Mr. Khan recommends plastics, a funding request then goes to the relevant PCT commissioners, who then approve/deny.

confused.com

Terri it used to be 2 years, mr Lahiri did say that they changed it to 1 year but not to worry about it, either he is a really nice man and is gonna pull some strings or he just wants to get in my knickers lmao

Terri it used to be 2 years, mr Lahiri did say that they changed it to 1 year but not to worry about it, either he is a really nice man and is gonna pull some strings or he just wants to get in my knickers lmao

Wish my surgeon had said not to worry about it :sigh:

To be honest he seemed more interested in how I felt about the loss and how much more did I want to loose and not what I had to loose, I did tell him I was happy as has I am and that it wouldn't bother me if I didn't loose anymore but for my bmi to get to 25 I need to loose around 10lbs more which is proving quite difficult at the moment but I will be at my target weight then as well if I loose anymore than that I think I will look ill or anorexic

Back