• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Whole tin of soup?

I could easily do a whole tin of soup on liquids, it goes down so easily but, when i made my own leek and potato soup i was filled up so quickly, so make a small amount and see if your the same.

Kim

My advice from my team is half a tin only. A whole tin of soup is generally more than a serving for anyone.

I am just over a week post op , I can manage less home made soup that tins , though not the more expensive like baxters or covent garden

You will be able to manage a lot of soup as it is going straight through as per a liquid... you will start to feel the full feeling when you get to soft foods x

when i first started out after op 1 tin of heinz big soup chicken n veg blended used to do me 2 or 3 servings also made my own, blended stew we made ourselves. I used to use the same bowl so i knew that was the correct portion size. You have to listen to your body don't know bout anyone else but it feels different to the way it was before the op even wanting the toilet is different. I am getting used to stopping eating before i feel too full it isn;t easy but the sooner you listen and learn about your bodies needs the easier it is x

I could easily manage 500 ml of soup as long as no bits in it - but as soon as went onto thicker consistency was much less xx
Think what we need to remember here is that we are all different! What one will manage others wont xx
I thought I was eating too much early on - however in first six weeks lost 3stone!!
Wouldn't worry at all - as said above - when you get to thicker foods you'll feel the restriction xx

Back