• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

i feel full

janelouise

Hi all I'm 2 weeks in on my post op plan but I think I've over eaten today It started off all ok this morning a yoghart this morning then went out for a bit of retail therapy as you do got back bout 2.30 ish and had a soup and a little fromage fray then at 6 I had a whole tin of tomatoe soup and a smooth yoghart but now feel really full up and uncomfortable.
Tomorrow I start on stage 2 which I'm really looking forward to (can't wait for some ready brek) but do people think I am eatin to much????? Would really like some guidance.
Thanks all xxxxxx

Hi JaneLouise. What surgery have you had love?
If its a bypass then I think you're having too much at one go. Little and often, about 6 small meals a day with plenty fluids in between is the way to go

I'm 51/2 months out and I still can only eat half a tin of soup.

It's a learning curve, learning to listen to your new plumbing. If you feel uncomfortably full, then you've probably over-done it.

I still get it wrong, even now.:eek:

Honey don't feel like poo. Like I say, it's a steep learning curve and you're so early days yet. It's all about listening to your body.

If I could give you one tip: to control your portion sizes, get some small bowls, plates and cutlery. If I eat off a normal size plate I almost always eat too much. I bought small Chinese soup bowl style bowls from Ikea and that's what I eat from. They really help me a lot.

Also, when you move onto purees and then solid foods, you'll feel so much more restriction and you will eat smaller portions, I promise you.

Now, no beating yourself up, tomorrow is another day! And think what you would have eaten pre-op!

Hugs, Grace xxxx

Back