• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Whoo hoo !

debbieb

At last ... I know this might seem insignificant to some people but I thought I would share with you ... As you all know , things haven't gone smooth for me, and I under went a second correctional procedure for my bypass and am still struggling with eating but I am sat here on nights and felt hungry so I have just attempted a very small golf ball size jacket potato and side salad which could fit easily onto a saucer .. And I have eaten nearly half !! ..
God , a meal that doesn't consist of soup or yogurt, or has to be liquidized !!... It's been over seven months since I have had a salad ! :) Whoo hoo .. A turning point at last .

debbieb

Muttley1900 said:
I'm pleased for you. It must have been awful being so restricted on food textures like that for so long.

Thanks .. It has been so frustrating .. But hopefully things have reached a turning point at last , I know there is still room for me to increase the volume of food, even after my bypass, but this is such a big step for me .

Bellydancer57

Well done. I do know how you feel as I had initial problems with my sleeve & allergies. I have been restricted with foods & way behind my fellow patients on introducing new ones. I have recently managed some new ones but get very frightened. Had a run in with a wrap yesterday & back on lids today. But have managed a couple of prawns, some fish, some soft cheeses & some fruit. Very tiny portions. My dietician is keeping an eye on me. I am in a bad 'stall' at the moment not loosing. But have done 6 1/2 stones in 4 months post op. slowly slowly & we will get there.

debbieb

Nellyphant said:
Hurray! That's a great achievement and you must be feeling braver now at trying new textures.

Thank you. Yes it feels great , but at the risk of sounding too mushy , it's mostly down to my new partner who has been wonderfully supportive .