• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Whooooo at last I'm in the 12 stones

madstaffyblonde1

http://tickers.wlsurgery.
whoooooo I'm so happy this morning, I have been on a major stall for the last 3 weeks where I have not lost an ounce but this morning I have weighed myself and I am now 12 stone 13Lbs, never in a month of Sundays did I think I would get to this weight and more importantly in the such short space of time.

I had my open bypass on 7th April of this year weighing 18 stones 10Lbs, very depressed, never wanted to go out and used to sit and cry all the time about my weight. This op is the best thing I have ever done and I wish I had done it sooner but most of all I did it for me and I feel great. For the pre-oppers you will not regret it once, I would recommened it to anyone and I would go through it all again in the blink of an eye.

As for the food part of the op, nothing is off limits really except fish for me, my tummy just dont like it :) I go to restaurants and have meals and I have the odd glass of wine so life will return to normal only you will be eating smaller amounts. I look at my OH meals now and wonder where he puts it all but I used to eat that and more, even the kids laugh at the size of my meals. The only thing I can say I found quite diffficult in the early days are portion sizes as your brain is telling you there is no way you can survive on the amount you put on your plate but in reality it is probably to much and it takes time to control this.

Really pleased to read this this morning.

Love hearing how much happier people are in their lives now :)

Well done you xx

Wow that is fantastic news, and so good for people like me to read, who are in the early days, and the weight loss has stalled :-(((. Also good to know we will be able to lead a normal life, go out etc, just eat smaller portions. Thank you for posting this, and many congratulations xxxxx

Thats great to hear i have only just gone on the waiting list but reading posts like this really help to make my mind up i have made the wright decission

i could have wrote this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i have just today reached 12st 13lbs after a stall of about 4 weeks. i thought 13st was where i was going to stay,
ohhhhhhhhhhhhh god i know how you feel.

brilliant post Linda. Well done hun.x

Thanks guys I feel fantastic and alive once again and if me writing this little paragraph inspires someone else to have the op or help newly post oppers through then it's worth while, cuz this op is a miracle to me and I feel blessed everyday to have had it ;)

WOW well done and huge congratulations!

and thank you for such inspiration too. I'm in the early days post-op, still on the pureed diet and it's a bit tough going.........but I KNOW already that it has been worth it. Reading stories like yours just confirms that.
I'm thrilled that you're enjoying your new life!
xxxxxxxxx

Back