• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

In size 12

Stellap

At goal at last.....
I wanted to post that I have just bought a load of size 12 clothes and they all fit. My BMI is 26.3 and I am 11 stone 4 (when I started I was 17.10 and a size 24). I never in a million years thought I would get this far - my aim was to get into an 18 and be able to buy in M&S for clothes. I am really very chuffed at being this small at 6 months out and love my bypass. I still have a bit of a tummy but I'm realistic and at the age of 47 knew I would never have a washboard stomach again. I've been luckier than a lot and have no trouble with any foods, am never sick and (don't know if this is a plus or a minus) I don't dump either. Just wanted to put this down in writing how great I am feeling - feeling normal and not standing out in the crowd - how great is that?

congratulations-8.gif

You have done so well, you deserve every little inch of those size 12's xx

Congrats! I cried in the changing room when I realised size 12's fit. It is such an amazing feeling.

wow well done!!!!!
Thats made me feel alittle better about my forth coming op ............. maybe you could let us know the types of foods you ate at different times on your journey it may help some of us x
I dream of shopping in M&S they have some lovely outfits in their now days faraway from the old days when i was a kid, and look around to check no one was watching me go in M&S when forced to go in with my mum .heheheh

Thanks everyone. It feels like it has all been worth it. I do feel guilty when I read posts from people that have had problems (e.g. like bellyup - really feel for him) and a bit of fraud in that I haven't had any major problems. It just goes to show how different people are with the op. The best news is that my diabetes is in remission and I'm not constantly worrying about keeling over of a heart attack! This site is so inspirational, so glad I found it.

That's fantastic Stella, it's just an amazing feeling to be able to go in anywhere and buy just what you want. And huge congrats on the good health, the size 12 is just the icing on the cake. x

Hi Stella
Wow, what an inspiration you are, I am having my op in three weeks, and am getting nervous and worried am I doing the right thing. But reading posts like yours gives me hope that I will be ok, and that hopefully in a year's time I will be feeling a lot healthier and happier and slimmer.
Well done you, brilliant!!!!! xxxxx

Congratulations Stella, that's an awesome achievement in just 6mths. I can only dream about ever being a size 12 again right now :D

Thanks guys, my surgeon referred to me as one of his "skinny ones" because I was under 40 BMI and it therefore didn't take me long to get near my goal, but to all those out there where they have a little more to lose rest assured that you will get there too - and you will have more time to save up for all those slinky clothes that I have burned my credit card to buy :) you are all an inspiration!

Back