• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Who's a book worm on here....

Love my kindle, though I didn't think I would (I'm a sucker for a second-hand book store!).
Right now I'm just finishing a Jasper fforde book (First Among Sequels), but I'm also reading a Jane Austen and oneof the James Patterson Women's Murder Club books. I've always got a few books on the go so I can pick and choose which to read depending on my mood.

I will echo the J R Ward recommendation - I've not read any of her fallen angels books but the black dagger books are good. The names get on my wick after a while, but I can look past that!

Oh, I can't read more than one at once, that does my head in!

I LOVE Jasper Fforde, but it's the first time I have come across someone else who does!!! I think my favourite still is The Eyre Affair, which is the one that got me hooked on him.

I'm currently nearing the end of Pratchett's "The Long Earth", will probably go straight onto "The Long war" afterwards. Can't wait for the 40th Discworld novel due out in November.

Got a bit bored with the James Patterson / Alex Cross, it gets very repetitive and the writing is really not terribly good. When you compare it to say Michael Connolly, it's no contest, really.

I read the Eyre Affair somewhere around 2000, maybe 2001, when I was on my way to a training course in York. I was knackered the following day, because I wouldn't sleep until I'd finished it!
I tried his nursery crimes books but to be honest I found them a little bit irritating. Love the Thursday Next books though!

I know what you mean about Patterson. I've only read a couple of his but I think they could get very old very quickly. A while ago I made the mistake of reading the entire series of Anita Blake books by Laurell K Hamilton. The first three or four were good, but by the time I got to book 8 or 9 they were just awful. Some series are like that.

I've never read Pratchett, but I think I'd like him so at some point I'll give him a go.

Love my kindle, though I didn't think I would (I'm a sucker for a second-hand book store!).
Right now I'm just finishing a Jasper fforde book (First Among Sequels), but I'm also reading a Jane Austen and oneof the James Patterson Women's Murder Club books. I've always got a few books on the go so I can pick and choose which to read depending on my mood.

I will echo the J R Ward recommendation - I've not read any of her fallen angels books but the black dagger books are good. The names get on my wick after a while, but I can look past that!

I've got the fallen angels books ready to read,but still getting through the black dagger ones.
Try kresley cole her books are fun/witty and with added sauce!

I have a nook and I've got loads of Richard & Judy book club books to read :)

I love the Thursday Next books, but I read one of fforde's Nursery Crimes books and just didn't take to it.

I've never actually read Pratchett, but I've a feeling I'd enjoy them. I think I have some on my kindle, I'll get to them at some point!

Thanks for the recommendation emma-louise, I'll keep a look-out.

I'd like to finish off the true blood books, but I'm far too tight to pay their current price. I'll wait until those last two or three books are a bit cheaper!

Yesterday I read the new Bridget Jones. I sat laughing as I read it, except for shedding an occasional tear. It was excellent, just the thing for a rainy Sunday:)

Me too. I'm reading the Game of Thrones series.

I read my eyes out for three months getting through that series but I loved it! I found the chapters about Theon Greyjoy very disturbing though and even flicked past some of it (hope that doesn't spoil things for you...) can't wait for the next installment. I'm currently re-reading The suspicions of Mr Whicher. Love that book too. Xx

I have a Kindle but still prefer a real book ... There's something so much more satisfying about printed words. Maybe it's because of my many years as a newspaper journalist!

Anyway, I read a lot. At least one book a week, sometimes three a week. Although, I should probably mention that it's part of my job (I'm the books editor for the paper I currently work for).

Last edited:
Totally agree with the Cross books being an enjoyable light read. I also like the Jack Reacher books (no WAY Tom Cruise was Jack Reacher??).

I forced myself to get to the end if Digital Fortress, but by 'eck, it was a struggle!!

I'm a right lover of books. My kindle travels every where. Just finished the travel auction by mark green. I laughed until I cried. Excellent.
Totally agree about tom cruise being reacher. Would rather have a young clint eastwood or jimmy deanxxx

Yesterday I read the new Bridget Jones. I sat laughing as I read it, except for shedding an occasional tear. It was excellent, just the thing for a rainy Sunday:)

I can't wait to read this. I'm just finishing one then.its my next one to start. I Canna wait. Thanks for the review!

Currently re-reading all the Robert Crais series. Sharp, well-written, entertaining at all times. Love them.

I recently found out that one of my favourites authors had actually died last year, I only found out because I thought it had been a while since he'd had a book out (unlike Dick Francis, lol). So, with many months delays, RIP Reginald Hill, author of the Dalziel & Pascoe novels.

I have so much going on at the moment I can't tackle new books or new authors so instead am getting stuck in re-reading old favourites, anyone else like that?

I love listening to audio books..I have quite bad pain due to my back etc....anyway if I listen to books I fall asleep after a while, its bliss;)

Sadly Im no academic..just the opposite
Give me a good dose of Harry Potter anyday..Pottermad and proud :)

also if you want some great smutty books..I dared to read The Shades of Gray trilogy I really enjoyed it..very smutty though take all that away the story isn't too bad:rolleyes:

I also love anything Vampirish Twilight and such also The mortal Instruments..lol..God I don't know how Im admitting all this:D

sad aren't I I love all the teenage drama books..and Im really way to old to read them..Oh well who cares :)

I'm a pratchett fan myself... Discworld madness lies this way!

Back