• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Receommend a book

NT1977

I want to download a few books to my kindle for op and recovery, can anyone recommend anything good? I love Martina Cole, Ken Blanchard, Lynn Andrews, Karin Slaughter ........ open to anything though, love getting caught up in a good book!

Not sure if it would be your style hun but The hobbit and the lord of the rings books are very good. Plus they are very big books so will last longer too :D x

The Barrytown trilogy, paddy Clarke ha ha ha!, the woman who walked into doors. All by roddy doyle. Bravo two zero by Andy Mc Nabb.

If you like autobiography's Jesse James American outlaw, dawn French hello fatty.

True story's - A child called it by Dave Peltzer. There's another two in the series, but I can't remember what they're called.

The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings I have read, could re-read I suppose as you are right they are long books which is good.

Read a child called it and the follow ups - love that type of book. I have added Dawn French to the list and the Roddy Doyle books. Have read all the Andy McNabb books as my Mum knows his Mum nad used to get signed copies

Surely You're Joking Mr Feynman, that the one i've started to read, its a fantastic and witty read :D

"Before I go to sleep" by SJ Watson. It will keep you guessing all the way, and I speak as someone who can usually work out the end 1/2 way through the book!

brilliant, thanks for the recommendations x

Lee child is good, Cathy glass also x

Sent from my iPod touch using WLSurgery

Yeah, I like Lee Child too. Good, uncomplicated kick-ass fun, lol.

Michael Connolly is another great one to get into.

I'm currently reading the new Dan Brown, Inferno, cracking read so far, back to his early days form.

John Grisham, of course, is practically a classic these days.

Again, for uncomplicated fun, Dick Francis is always good to fall back on, even if you're not into horsey things.

Away from the thriller/murder/court drama themes, Cecelia Ahern is a fabulous "girl" author, but not stupid-girly, well written, and often thought provoking (she wrote the book from which the film was made "PS: I love You") and Marian Keyes is another one.

(Now, you know what the "Bookie" is short for, lol).

If you PM me your Kindle e-mail address, I can send you a few e-books to add, that will give you a variety without costing you anything!

I love Kindofbook - they send you a daily email listing 5 or 6 free or low-cost ebooks & often there are some fabulous well-known books on there! :) I'm ploughing through Jo Nesbo's books at the mo ... really recommend Cecilia Ahern's books too!!!

Back