• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Band Playing Up?

flutterby1966

Can someone please give me the benefit of their experience.

I was banded on 16 July and all has been going well generally until last weekend when suddenly my appetite seemed to increase massively. Yesterday I fell of the wagon and as well as my meals, I managed to eat 2 bags of crisps, 2 biscuits and 6 cake bites (this is not normal for me). Over 2000 calories - and I felt no restriction whatsoever, so much so I thought my band may have sprung a leak. Today is a totally different story. Only 700 calories and I felt restriction at lunchtime with just two ryvitas and an egg (almost PBd); and at dinner this evening I only had 2.75 ounces of chicken and 4 ounces of sweetcorn/peas - and I really struggled to eat that. All things that have not presented any problems before.

Is it normal to go from wanting/managing to eat so much, to go to so little? I am due for my 2nd fill on Friday and I am totally confused ...

Hi FB. I'm in a similar situation...so I had booked in for a fill tonight. But she refused because she said because I have restriction sometimes it shows that at other times I'm choosing too many slider foods. So I've been sent away to try and eat more dry foods. I have an appt with my Dietician on 17th Oct & if he says I should maybe have another one I can have it then. I suppose what I'm trying to say is that cake/biscuits slide through & fish pie doesn't!! Also, wanting the sweet things doesn't really go away for a bander... you just have to control it more. She also said that its really early days yet. This is for ever and to just chill!!
I'm going to try and eat dry stuff this week & see how it goes. I should add that since my last visit I had lost 2kg in 3 weeks and she said this was great. So I suppose I will take her advice. I feel better for seeing her anyway. Xx

You know what I didn't even REALLY enjoy those things I at at work as much as I thought I would - I think I just had to get them out of my system. Its so weird though - I have been able to eat far more dry food such as ryvitas and chicken before today (twice as much with no problem whatsoever).

My husband is working in States at the moment, so I need to get used to shopping for one. While I have generally been eating low calorie foods, I have just been using up what I have in the freezer rather than getting things in specifically to help me such as the really dry food - but I think perhaps I need to plan better - like you said you are going to...

Yep..planning is good! I've also been told to eat a small thing in the morning cos I don't eat breakfast. & not to have slimfast EVER! Haha. She is quite tough my nurse but she's good at her job!
We're all human so wagons are going to be fallen off every now & then. I feel much calmer tonight after my appt. Eating, for me,has always been a tension or anxiety reliever so she's right. I need to chill.
I know what you mean about not enjoying those things. I had a sausage roll and it was horrible. Greasy & not very pleasant once chewed for 30 times!! We'll get there!!
Btw, I bought a skirt this week from M&S. First skirt in 10 years!! People at work are amazed that I have ankles!!

Yes it feels good. I went to a high street shop a couple of weeks ago and bought a normal size top. Makes a change from having to buy online. Cannot wait to fit into a 38 inch bra lol

Lol..38"... I can only dream!!
I felt so normal going into a normal shop and buying a normal skirt. Bliss!
Good luck 2mrw..and forget that freezer food! Go and get something you fancy to eat...as long as its dry :)

Yes it feels good. I went to a high street shop a couple of weeks ago and bought a normal size top. Makes a change from having to buy online. Cannot wait to fit into a 38 inch bra lol
Hi I just had to say that I bought a new bra a couple of weeks ago and was amazed to find I'm in a 38. I haven't been a 38 inch for about 15 years.
Weirdly though, although my boobs have shrunk, I'm now weaaring a bigger cup size...42DD to 38E!

Back