• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Why Are Some People So Harsh?

EmDubs

Bleurgh...!
I was talking to an old friend via email last night and I told him about my upcoming TT and the response I woke up to was:

"You don't have to have a tummy tuck to get rid of your tummy. Surely there's another way. That's just being lazy... Anyway, see ya!"

I have felt so down all morning.

jealousy is a killer, if it is what you want then ignor your small minded friends opinion, at a time like this you need supportive advice not negativity. (sorry for being blunt) but if we were all swayed by what our friends said then a most of us wouldnt of opted for any surgery at all. good luck xx

I know. Thanks guys.

Me being me, if somebody I knew had something so important coming up in their life that they were so excited about I'd be excited with them! It's not nice that people try to bring you down. No need for it.

Ask them why they feel that,confrontation is better than letting it fester in your head.You can explain that there is no other way you can resolve the matter.If they are not a close pal dont give them another thought and delete them from your friends list!

Sorry your friend reacted that way. Is this the way they normally talk to you? 'cos with friends like that..... Either way they clearly have no understanding of where you are at because there is no other way to get rid of excess skin or we would all be doing it!

I know it's hard but try to rise above their ignorance and don't let it pull you down. You are perfectly capable of making your own choices in life and a real friend would recognise that and support you whatever.

Debs xxxx

I was talking to an old friend via email last night and I told him about my upcoming TT and the response I woke up to was:

"You don't have to have a tummy tuck to get rid of your tummy. Surely there's another way. That's just being lazy... Anyway, see ya!"

I have felt so down all morning.
Don't let it get you down hun and also don't feel the need to defend your decisions.
It is only you that knows what is best for you. To me it sounds like a comment that was fuelled by abit of jealousy x

Wow, what a charmer, someone's missing out on a right catch there....

Ignore them, have your op and flaunt your midriff all summer long Ems xxx

Do what you feel is right for you :) I was told by many that I didn't need my TT although they never said I was lazy it was just that I could cover it well but to me my tummy was disgusting and when people said to me about it, it did make me think twice but then I thought about the reasons I wanted it so badly and the only answer I came up with was I wanted it for ME and I'm so glad I went ahead and had it done :)

Following on from this conversation I had with one lovely person the other day to another today...

I mentioned to an old work colleague that once I have my tummy done I'd like to get back to work, save up and have a breast lift (in an F cup... Just not as perky anymore!) only to be told I'm being GREEDY!

FFS! One minute lazy and the next greedy! Is this really how people see me?!?!

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Ignore them all hun. Sounds to me like they're either jealous, ignorant or both.
Do what's right for you, and if they can't be supportive, they're not the kind of people you want - or need - to have around.
xXx

It sounds like they're jealous. Anyway, the NHS does not have money to burn, so they wouldn't have offered you the op if they didn't think you needed it. Next time someone says something horrible say, 'Thank you for your opinion, you're entitled to it, just as I'm entitled to mine. I'm just sorry that you had to express it in such a rude way'. and walk off.

I'm sending you lots of love and feel good vibes.

Back