• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Why did the fizzy drinks after surgery thread cause problems??

loughpet

It was a perfectly reasonable question, with some perfectly reasonable answers !!

I just want to make a point clear that not that it is no-one's business but my own but I paid for my own op and am also a tax payer.

I do not mind using my taxes to help other people achieve their weight loss dream .

Hope this finds you all in good form.

x

Oh and just after remembering the person who caused the stir in this post is yet to have op - so may find it's not as easy post-op as you may think it will be !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hi hun i hope i didnt cause you any upset it wasnt my intention, if you want to try a fizzy drink just kill the gas with ice you will soon know if your pouch doesnt like it x

I agree with all of the above. It's easy to have all the answers after studying at the University of Internet. The reality is different for most of us. I recommend that you ask the advice of your own surgeon or team.

There's plain speaking and then there is being overly opinionated. Things online can get taken out of proportion and people get upset...

I personally would leave the question now, i'm hoping a moderator will close this thread to avoid another eruption of opinions....

Peace n light to you all and remember, as large people we take enough **** from outside without throwing it within xx

It was a perfectly reasonable question, with some perfectly reasonable answers !!

Lets just say it was difference of opinions and the mod closed the post to cause any more difference of opinions.

All the best - MeJulie x x

It was more than a difference of opinions and if anyone has any problems with the way it was dealt with please could they message a mod. Thank you

LoghPet I did send you a pm about why the thread was locked.

TBH there have been a couple of things over the last wk that i've wanted to post, just general bits i suppose but lately there seems to b a couple of people that are answering threads quite nastily & it has put me off of starting a thread :sigh: lets hope things get HAPPY again :D

Its such a shame when people get scared to post questions they dont know the answer to for fear of being jumped on , this is a site that is for advice and suport and should continue to be so. I know in the past when iv somtimes wanted advice i have pm members incase what id wanted to know seemed silly on the open forum but that way no one else benifits from the answers which is what a forum is all about , lets hope this does not stop newbies from posting questions because we all know at all different stages we all need advice not only from our wls teams but from real people who have been through what we have been though because unless you have gone through it you can not totally understand it x

Hear hear, I for one need all the advice and information I can get xxxxxxxxx

When Mods close a thread, the decision is never taken lightly and is only done to ensure the smooth running of the forums. It is rare for a thread to be closed. You will also understand that when a thread is locked, we will not debate the why's and wherefore's openly. Decisions are made in private and only communicated to the individuals concerned.

Em and Hannah, There is no such thing as a silly question here, and even if it has been asked 1000 times before, there is always someone willing to answer it again. Please dont worry about starting new threads.

ok Thanks ;)

I missed all of this but have seen it all before and it wasn't nice! So please lets all remember we are here to support each other not get at one another. Life hasn't been easy for any of us on our weight loss journies and i for one am extremely grateful to a lot of people on here who have supported me both past and present. If you need to post a "strong" opinion please remember there is a right way to do that without causing personal upset. This comes from someone who never saw the posts so i'm saying this from a completly neutral point of view xx

people need to be able to ask questions here, feel free to say "ive made a mistake with food choices" or what ever thats why this forums here, there is always gonna be the ppl thats oh so perfect and does no wrong but......... thats not real life with wls, ppl make mistakes along the way thats why we r here to help/support fellow patients not just through the ups n oh congrats, but to offer that hand of friendship when things are not going so well for ppl thats why this forum is special, i was misslead a bit the ppl thats close to me will understand that, but at the end of the day what im saying if ppl cant ask a Q on here with out been told not to bother with there ops because of that Q then why r we here, ok rant over sorry ppl x

Thats the 1 reason I dont post on here that much now! But Liz youve been a diamond on this forum for as long as Ive been a member giving excellent coments & advice. "Whey to go Girl":p and Good Luck for your forthcoming surgery!!!! you deserve it after what you have been through. Kind regards Gail x:)
TBH there have been a couple of things over the last wk that i've wanted to post, just general bits i suppose but lately there seems to b a couple of people that are answering threads quite nastily & it has put me off of starting a thread :sigh: lets hope things get HAPPY again :D

I used to love watching 'Love thy neighbour' as a kid, anybody else remember it? xx

I luvs me ticker too Gail. Am thinking of following one of the wls deadly sins and investing in a protein powder for drinks etc as i know with the amount i am eating i am not getting enough in. There is more than enough fat for my body to burn but i don't want it heading for the bit of muscle i have got. Protein shake will of course be a short term thing as i'm anticipating getting a lot more active in the next few weeks xx

Back