• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Why did the fizzy drinks after surgery thread cause problems??

I use the strawberry USN whey protein from the Tesco Health Shop, that gives you 67 servings so it lasts me a month, costs £35.00 its only 148cals, 25g protein, carbs 3.5, Fat 4g, I make 1 x 34g scoop with 200ml water and blend a banana in it for extra thickness and Hey presto just like a macdonald milk shake tastes yummy too! that then lasts me until lunch time even now and ime 12 months post op. G.M
I luvs me ticker too Gail. Am thinking of following one of the wls deadly sins and investing in a protein powder for drinks etc as i know with the amount i am eating i am not getting enough in. There is more than enough fat for my body to burn but i don't want it heading for the bit of muscle i have got. Protein shake will of course be a short term thing as i'm anticipating getting a lot more active in the next few weeks xx

Puffin & his mate/partner or whoever they are have been banned from the forum so we are all free to ask as many 'daft', 'silly' questions as we like.

I had to bite my tongue several times when I read their condescending & argumentative threads/posts.

Just one question I had to ask Puffin remains unanswered, which is how did he, this man of obvious superior intelligence & know how, get so fat?! Is he a medical wonder, I ask myself?! I mean he doesn't eat chocolate, doesn't drink fizzy pop, goes to the gym etc. But he's over 30 stone. Its amazing!!

Yeah, my post is dripping with sarcasm. I'd love to meet him, just 5 minutes & I'm sure he'd get an education in real life that he'd never forget.... ;-)

Deep breaths, count to 10, guzzle 10 cans of full fat coke & eat 10 bars of choccy then I be okay (JOKE!!). I don't even like full fat coke ;-))

Puffin & his mate/partner or whoever they are have been banned from the forum so we are all free to ask as many 'daft', 'silly' questions as we like.

I had to bite my tongue several times when I read their condescending & argumentative threads/posts.

Just one question I had to ask Puffin remains unanswered, which is how did he, this man of obvious superior intelligence & know how, get so fat?! Is he a medical wonder, I ask myself?! I mean he doesn't eat chocolate, doesn't fizzy drinks, goes to the gym etc. But he's over 30 stone. Its amazing!!

Yeah, my post is dripping with sarcasm. I'd love to meet him, just 5 minutes & I'm sure he'd get an education in real life that he'd never forget.... ;-)

Deep breaths, count to 10, guzzle 10 cans of full fat coke & 10 bars of choccy then I be okay (JOKE!!). I don't even like full fat coke ;-))

Can we stop using the name puffinrub(usupthewrongway) now please. I for 1 want to forget him and his other half ever existed

Sorry Wendy, its just I logged off last night 'cos he was upsetting so many people & I have just been catching up on the posts 'cos I've just got in.

I am now so happy that our family is back together without a certain couple of people xxxxxxxx

Bl**dy hell, have barely been on here the last couple of days & I come back to find all hell has broken loose!!!! Those who shall not be named would made two stones fight. Very reassuring to see calm & sensible moderator action in place, to return order to this supportive community.
Anyhoo...had my 'group' info meeting yesterday at Taunton....didn't find out anything I didn't already know (thanks to everyone on here), but it was good to go anyway & I'm one step closer! Just my pre-op assessment on the 20th July & hopefully I'll get a date soon!

I haven't been on here for a while, but I have been lurking in the background occasionally. It was such a shame to hear some of the comments the other day that were made by certain people. I for one know how invaluable I found this site, especially during the early stages. I would never have been able to make such an informed decision about my op without all of you guys, and I was also one of the ones who asked LOTS of silly questions!!! I hope those people involved haven't put newbies off asking the same silly questions as it is all part of the same journey we've all made!! Is it an easy decision to make?? NO!! Is it an easy journey post-op?? NO!! Have I been slightly naughtier than even I thought I'd be?? YES!! Do I regret my decisions so far?? NAH!! Life is about living! I'm pleased with my weightloss so far!!

Hope everyone is well!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This morning i am now very happy......i shall go back to starting threads with my silly questions!! Thank you :D:D:D:D

i didnt realise he had been banned who was his other half ?

I'm not on much over the weekend and look what excitement I miss!!

I do think a lot about the replies I leave. I understand, myself included, that at times, we were/are very emotional as the reason a lot of us are here are because we are unhappy or unwell because of our weight problems.

There are times I see posts and stop myself from replying because what I have to say may offend the person involved. It's not my intention, but sometimes the truth does hurt.

Us males of the species aren't that great at sympathising/empathising in words and the sentiment often gets read wrong through simple text. That's why I try and use smilies, it does help get the point across how it's intended to be made.

As said in a thread above, no one should stop posting any questions, no matter how 'silly' it may feel. And definitely no one should feel intimidated enough to not post. I'm glad these members have been banned as it really is a very serious and emotional time for a lot of people!

She was han1979
Stop cheering Liz LOL
I can't believe the way he spoke to you the other day, and am soooo glad they have gone.

i know how rude he was just making presumptions about me judging me and a few others when he knows nothing about our personal wls journeys, i cant say i recal coming across his o/h, any way good riddence to bad rubbish eh ! xxx

Back