• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Why do I do this?

Last week I had a really good week (food wise). I made healthy food choices and tried to keep my portions sensible. All was going well until Sunday - Mother's Day, when I had a lovely lunch with with my hubby, kids, parents and in-laws, and then followed it with half a box of chocolates! Since then, I've completely lost it - eating loads of cheese and sweets - I've just polished off a white chocolate magnum! :( I don't eat these things because they make me feel better. I just like the taste :(:( And, of course, after I've eaten these things I feel awful :sigh:
Will a bypass really help me to say 'no' to the things I shouldn't :sigh:be eating? I know it's just a tool to 'help' me, but I'm starting to worry that it wont work for me:(

I didnt want to read and run but Im pre-op banding so cant help much other than to send you a hug ((((WLWB)))

a bypass will stop you wanting or physically eating the sweet stuff a band doesnt in any way, you will be fine dont worry.

liz x

Yes a Bypass will help you, because you wont be able to eat as much of it, that is if you can eat it at all! It is a tool and you will learn to work with it, as working against it is a *****, as I am finding out at the moment. lol. So now I am learning and so will you Sue. xxxxx

Hi i'm pre op for banding so really can't offer any advice but I've no doubt some bypasser will be along soon and they certainly know what they are talking about. Good luck and I hope you make the right decision for you.
xx Gaynor xx

You are following a lifelong program of eating which you will need to unlearn after bypass. Ou start with good intentions but then your known habits take over. You haven't 'failed', you bave simply returned to the eating habit you know nd have followed for a long time.

The head will follow after bypass, but will take a lot of work.

I know I will ave a tough time post-op because my eating habits are entrenched in childhood. Hence I will call upon my Mini friends for advice and encouragement. Lawd knows I will need them!

It will certainly stop you eating that amount and some of the things will make you dump. I loved chocolate before and would polish off a full bar of cadbury bubbley without a second thought...I have hardly had any choc at all since surgery for two reasons the first being I just dont fancy it anymore and the second the odd times I have had a bit its been a small square and its been enough...it tastes far too sweet for me now....the fact you ate a nice meal and then more on top will not happen you will be sick and in pain....this is why the bypass is better for some folk....you will be fine chick trust me...xx

It will certainly stop you eating that amount and some of the things will make you dump. I loved chocolate before and would polish off a full bar of cadbury bubbley without a second thought...I have hardly had any choc at all since surgery for two reasons the first being I just dont fancy it anymore and the second the odd times I have had a bit its been a small square and its been enough...it tastes far too sweet for me now....the fact you ate a nice meal and then more on top will not happen you will be sick and in pain....this is why the bypass is better for some folk....you will be fine chick trust me...xx
Hi charliegirl, I totally agree about the chocolate, I have'nt really fancied sweet things since the op, but when I have had them, they are way too sweet to eat! How strange lol

Sue, I missed this last night when you were feeling a bit down. You've been given lots of advice and support. Hope you are feeling a bit better this morning chick xx

Sue you should try to get to one of our meets. xx

it will definately help cos if you even set of trying eat all that stuff, you won't get very far and would feel very sicky indeed. I still fancy stuff now but i look at it, realise how little of it i would actually eat and how crap i'd feel after that the want for these kind of things eventually peters out.
Hope this helps x x x

Back