• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

WHY DO I WANNA DO THIS??

marky v

Just had my tea, consisted of a tin of tuna and a muller light yoghurt, was nice, and i'm not feeling hungry, but had to scuttle off upstairs cos i wanted to eat more, was thinking i could have some marmite sandwiches, but i'm not hungry :confused: hacks me off that i want to eat just for the sake of it :sigh:

we are creatures of habbit and we have over eaten for a long time, we have to relearn how to eat and it takes time for our brains to learn a new routine around food.

Just had my tea, consisted of a tin of tuna and a muller light yoghurt, was nice, and i'm not feeling hungry, but had to scuttle off upstairs cos i wanted to eat more, was thinking i could have some marmite sandwiches, but i'm not hungry :confused: hacks me off that i want to eat just for the sake of it :sigh:

Its something that will slowly change the further along you get, your heads telling you to eat but your body doesn't need it, its head hunger and takes a while for you to start listening to your body rather than your head ! - dont worry you'll get there

/slaps Marky calm down man lol
or ill be going on thurs and asking for your Aug date lol :rotflmao:

Just wait till you've had your op, and you're not hungry:DIt's ace;)

/slaps Marky calm down man lol
or ill be going on thurs and asking for your Aug date lol :rotflmao:

i'll fight you tooth and nail for that date on the border at Pudsey lol!! :D

i'll fight you tooth and nail for that date on the border at Pudsey lol!! :D

Ack you win I hate Leeds... im getting hubby to drive me up to the dor and legging it into the hospital before I get lost lol:rolleyes:

Just wait till you've had your op, and you're not hungry:DIt's ace;)

looking forward to that, i'm sort of on a pre pre-op diet now, i bought a new tub of protein powder a couple of days ago, had 3 shakes and some fruit yesterday, 2 shakes and a tin of tuna and yoghurt and some fruit also today....upped my protein alot, dropped the carbs and fat way down, so don't feel particularly hungry, just my head playing games with me, i guess it's like an ex smoker wanting a ciggie, more habit than actually needing it

Ack you win I hate Leeds... im getting hubby to drive me up to the dor and legging it into the hospital before I get lost lol:rolleyes:

just drive right round the ring road, you'll be fine,you don't have to touch the centre, it's not so bad up the top end (i live up there lol!!)

Maybe Mark, you like me are a camel.

I tend to think i should fill my hump as i dont know when i will get a chance to do it later.........

Marky i got a chauffeur ! lol him working in Leeds has its benefits., I was going to get my mum to take me but i would have been in the papers that evening

'Mad woman sat crying on Leeds ring road, mother walks home to Halifax...' :rotflmao:

Marky i got a chauffeur ! lol him working in Leeds has its benefits., I was going to get my mum to take me but i would have been in the papers that evening

'Mad woman sat crying on Leeds ring road, mother walks home to Halifax...' :rotflmao:

thank god for us men, would've been the blind leading the blind with you and your mum then??? :character00182::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

how'd you find that booklet??

Brill thanks, though Im not happy it says 3 - 5 days in hosp lol. Ill be on his case for that. But yeah thanks a lot I'll memorise it before I get there next week lol.
theres some good stuff in it so ill be having another read.:D

Most of us feel just like this Marky...That's how we got where we are.

If you are doing the pre-op diet I would imagine you are battling in your head that these are your last meals before things change forever.

But this pre-op is not just to shrink your liver...it is also for you being in the best condition you can be for the operation and the anaesthetic...plus the high protein intake will help your wounds to heal.

I hope you can get your head around it and I wish you all the best.

You can do this.

(((hugs)))

Can you explain why doesn't it last forever?..

(((hugs)))

because as the further out from surgery you get the more the muscles in your new pouch heal and relax and the hunger and bad habits return thats why it is so importanat in the early days to break the bad habits and start with new ones as 6/7 months post op is to late to be trying to change. And if you start over eating you risk stretching the aesophegus(SP) and not the new pouch and cause major problems for yourself x

Last edited:
Back