• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

why do some ppl dump and others not ?

The unfortunate thing is that, for some people, like myself, they can't do moderation. It's either no biscuits or a pack of biscuits. It's either no cake or all of the cake.

I would love to be able to do moderation, but I can't. I failed before. Hence why I got so big.

I think this does make me think, at times, I'm 'Holier than thou' when it comes to not having anything sugary or fatty and this might make me very rigid in my responses. But this is the way I deal with my new found life.

I do realise we are all different. It's just how I deal with it.

Mixxy I really admire you for the way you have never deviated, how focused you are and especially the amount of exercise you do. Can I ask you if sleevers would dump on sugar?

See, although I have never had a serious dumping episode, the thought of it helps me to use moderation if I am eating something that others might consider "naughty" or "banned".

I'm not a saint, although some of the longer term members will remember that when I was pre op I was the first to criticise people for what I considered poor choices. But the further out from surgery I get, the more I respect my RNY. I know that I dont dump on 2 biscuits, but Im scared to eat 3... I know that 2 glasses of wine makes me tipsy so Im scared to have a 3rd... I know that I can have a fun size chocolate but Im scared to have a full sized one.... and so on. I dont want to dump. After a life time of dieting and beating myself up I dont want any food to be banned or excluded.

As I said before, RNY has given me the chance to have a normal life. Naturally thin people eat biscuits and have wine. As long as they are occasional treats, and supplement an otherwise healthy diet, and as long as my calories out exceed calories in I know I'm not doing myself any harm. Its the main reason I started running, as I know I may not always be able to rely on my RNY for restriction to my portion sizes quite as strictly as it restricts me now, and its nice to know that if I do go slightly over my calorie allowance when my restriction allows me too, I can go for a run and burn it off.

I'll get off my soapbox now!

Mixie as Sam says we are all very different and i too completly respect you not eating anything sugary or fatty. I too like you got big because "moderation" wasn't a word that belonged in Allie's dictionary pre op. Like Sam the fear of dumping keeps me from eating what i deem as "real chocolate" ( bars of choc). In fact its prob more the fear of not dumping if i eat a bar of choc that keeps me away from it as that was my addicition! My bypass psychologically has given me the control to do the "moderation bit" at times and that is another reason i'm so glad i have it. As individuals we have to do what is right for us personally and as long as it works then we are all doing fine xx

Definately I don't dump. I am disappointed with that, last week I demolished a large easter egg and hariboes. It would have been nice to have dumping as an added dettera nt.

I couldn't do moderation prior to my bypass hence why I got to 257 pounds! But the bypass, for me, is built in moderation. Plus I am now happy with one square of chocolate now whereas it was the entire family size bar before.

The unfortunate thing is that, for some people, like myself, they can't do moderation. It's either no biscuits or a pack of biscuits. It's either no cake or all of the cake.

I would love to be able to do moderation, but I can't. I failed before. Hence why I got so big.

I think this does make me think, at times, I'm 'Holier than thou' when it comes to not having anything sugary or fatty and this might make me very rigid in my responses. But this is the way I deal with my new found life.

I do realise we are all different. It's just how I deal with it.
I'm exactly the same Mixxy, and also realise some peeps can have just a bit of choc or cake and lay off the rest.God knows how though:eek::eek:;):D

An interesting thread and still good to hear of everyone's new or old experiences... I've had an experience after having low fat 'chicken kurma' which seemed like a dump or food poisoning since it went on a few days..

Be good to hear from others with their experiences xxx

Back