• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Why is everyone on the Milk diet?

Georgie163

My pre op diet says in big capital letters NO MILK ALLOWED so just wondering why such a vast difference ? I'm eating food on my LSD (albeit just egg, lettuce, greens & clear soup) but tbh would prefer to be on liquids only. Has anyone else been on a food LSD that has successfully done the job i.e shrunk the liver and avoided an open procedure? X

They all lead to the same place I guess :) any protein only diet will get you into ketosis which is needed to shrink liver xxx

I did 2 weeks LSD and ate normal, healthy foods, albeit in far smaller quantities than I would normally.

Mostly had salad with small amount of protein twice a day and lots of water. lost 18lb and had keyhole surgery, no problems.

Important thing is to follow your own providers instructions as they all vary!

To be honest think the post op mush diet is a lot harder to deal with!

Good luck with everything :)

I did the LSD and my liver shrunk fine.

i did 2 weeks liver shrink diet and lost over a stone, my husband lost over 2 stone doing it. I enjoyed that one cos i could still eat quite a lot just low calorie x

Ah thanks ladies, just felt a bit panicky and wondering if my surgeon was perhaps not so knowledgable after all lol! I am Sticking religiously to it and will have been on it near 4 weeks by the time my surgery comes about on 15th Feb. Just keep thinking of all the stupid diets I've done in the past (cabbage soup anyone, for 4 blinking weeks on the trot?) so really ought to shut up and stop moaning! By compassion this is a Piece of cake (figuratively speaking of course) x

I had 800 cals a day food salad meat mostly chicken every day new potatoes but no bread but could have small amount of skimmed milk in that too.. had to practice the slow chewing taking sips etc and half hour before and half hour after no drinks ...and as said wish could've done that diet long term but as we all know that's why we are having surgery because we cant stick to them :)

I did four weeks LSD on four WW soups, four ML yogs and 500ml of semi only every day. On my post op notes, the surgeon described my Liver as "modest". Very happy with that.

Lol @ "Modest". I'm going to try for "humble" if I can! 4 weeks is brilliant, I'm really trying hard to do it that long too. X

I did LC LF for 5 DAYS my liver was perfect according to my surgeon and I worried so much but I was never a daft eater before I ate relatively healthy just LOTS of it

I was the same Badger.

The surgeon said I had to do four weeks LSD for my safety ... I stuck to it like glue ... Why would I not. End of.

Mine said two weeks but the leaflet says 3 - 4 is preferable if you can. I'm sure I can so will give it a go, I just weighed this morning and I'm 9 lbs down after a week. I know the diets purpose isn't to lose weight but it's got me heading in the right direction at least. Also if I don't do it, in the interim I would probably have even more weight to shift by the time surgery came about! Just want to make it as easier as possible. Bring on the 15th Feb now ! :)

Two weeks and one day.. I got the date wrong it's the 16th Feb!! But excited it's getting nearer. This pre op diet is bit crap I have to say, cannot believe I had the bright idea of doing it 4 weeks in advance. It's so bloody boring that I actually don't enjoy eating. Wish I was on Cambridge diet shakes. Find myself smelling and sniffing my partners food for pleasure (or torture depending on the angle). I'm such a sick girl me! X

Mine said two weeks but the leaflet says 3 - 4 is preferable if you can. I'm sure I can so will give it a go, I just weighed this morning and I'm 9 lbs down after a week. I know the diets purpose isn't to lose weight but it's got me heading in the right direction at least. Also if I don't do it, in the interim I would probably have even more weight to shift by the time surgery came about! Just want to make it as easier as possible. Bring on the 15th Feb now ! :)

I'm two days before you, not long now then :)
My diet is four pints of milk a day, sugar free jelly n an oxo cube. God I want to chew :/

Lost 24.5 lbs since 1st jan. only another 11 days to go :)

The difference the milk diet has made is showing now for only a month

image-3887607521.jpg

image-1002233771.jpg

image-4252199610.jpg

Hope you get on ok. Where n what u having done?

previous bander, now awaiting by pass or sleeve this year.

I'm two days before you, not long now then :) My diet is four pints of milk a day, sugar free jelly n an oxo cube. God I want to chew :/ Lost 24.5 lbs since 1st jan. only another 11 days to go :) The difference the milk diet has made is showing now for only a month Hope you get on ok. Where n what u having done? previous bander, now awaiting by pass or sleeve this year.

Wow I can see the difference in you built then you've lost nearly 2 stone!! Well done you. I'm in on 16th Feb at chelsfield park BMI Healthcare for a Bypass. I've done my pre-op diet for two weeks now (lost 1stone 4lbs so far on it) so two weeks to go which is great because I'm bored senseless of eggs and greens and sugar free jelly! I don't eat meat and think if you did it would be so much easier but it's good training I guess! X

Wow I can see the difference in you built then you've lost nearly 2 stone!! Well done you. I'm in on 16th Feb at chelsfield park BMI Healthcare for a Bypass. I've done my pre-op diet for two weeks now (lost 1stone 4lbs so far on it) so two weeks to go which is great because I'm bored senseless of eggs and greens and sugar free jelly! I don't eat meat and think if you did it would be so much easier but it's good training I guess! X

Your doing well :) I'm for a by pass but if the adhesions r too bad I may have to have a sleeve. Just want it over now. Just getting over a broken leg so hopefully it will go ahead. Will know Thursday xx

previous bander, now awaiting by pass or sleeve this year.

Back