• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

why is weightloss so slow!!

How many calories you need will depend on your height / weight and activity levels.

I'm quite tall and exercise a fair bit, my (just mine) optimum calories to lose weight was 1,200 cals. Limited carbs, lots of fruit and veg, plenty of protein and under 5% fat worked for me xxx

i'm 5' 1 1/2 and i walk 10,000 steps a day at normal pace, so what would that be? :) xx

lullaby said:
i'm 5' 1 1/2 and i walk 10,000 steps a day at normal pace, so what would that be? :) xx

The only thing is the steps won't be raising the heartbeat? Even though it's a lot of steps!

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

lol thanks jo, but i'm a bit worried about what i can do after having a hernia repaird at the sme time as my band :) xx

lullaby said:
lol thanks jo, but i'm a bit worried about what i can do after having a hernia repaird at the sme time as my band :) xx

Aha I see. Yes don't overdo it! ask your doc when you can start doing some light exercise perhaps, something to get the pulse going! It def is my saviour! X

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

With hernia repair you need three weeks to recover although you can start short walks after two weeks but nothing like lifting, pushing, pulling etc. it is a real nuisance because I can't wait to get back to the gym. Bot if the hernia pops again it could displace your band so do take it easy for a bit.

Hi,

I have slowed down too and i am a bit gutted i can't wait for a fill roll on 15th june.

sue

Yep, due to my hernia repair I was told no lifting, puling, stretching or heavy exercise for over eight weeks. For the timebeing, once you have given yourself the opportunity to get over your op, I am sure walking at a speed greater / longer or at a higher intensity than you used to do, would still get that heart pumping quicker.

10,000 steps is honestly more than I was managing at your stage and I have lost over eight stones and have very little excess skin. My legs are toned and my stomach is flat - with my only exercise being more frequent/intense dog walking (uphills instead of on the flat) and gardening (where I stretch/pull/lift) :)

My surgeon told me that walking was the best exercise! He said an hour a day when I'm healed and I'll be dandy (I quote!!) xx

Back