• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Why not to rely on digital home scales :)

cazbandy

Bring on the Trumpets!
My partner has been saying to me for a while that he thought my digital scale is wrong.

And today he proved it, he got himself weighed on the machine at Boots and he was 5lbs lighter...so guess what I did?

I weighed myself too and I am lighter too...a whole 4lbs lighter!!!

So there it is...I will only weigh myself now on that machine once a week or less.

All scales, no matter how accurate they claim to be have a difference of roughly between 2lbs and 11lbs. As long as you are using the same scales to weigh your self ever week you will get an accurate reading of your weight loss/gain.

If you have been using the scales at home from before your WLS then you should keep using them as they will show a true record of what you have lost.

Even the doctors scales are inaccurate to some degree. I was weighed on two different scales within the same practice within a week and there was a 7lbs difference, yet when I weighed myself at home my scales showed no change.

Whether my scales at home are right or wrong (by 11lbs) I know how much I have lost and I can keep track accordingly.

iv just bought some electronic ones for home so i can keep an eye on whats what but i go once a week and do it in boots so im always on same one there a 2lb difference between them i am proper chuffed to have lost half a stone in last 2 weeks and still am not sure how:8855:i had a ton of choc brownies in the past week!

and well done caz thats great loss bet your chuffed

The ones I had were from Argos and they were £20 but they weighed odd, always have.

But I know my partner is not over 13 stone, he never has been. That is why he kept making the point at my disappointment.

I originally weighed myself on the boots ones up until November last year as these scales were a pressie. So it's definitely back to BOOTS...:)

Your scales arent really "wrong" as such.. just every scales are different.. its still telling you how much you are losing, etc.. But obv cos you're weighing less on the boots ones, you prefer them..

scales are scales are scales as long as you use the same ones each time they will tell you what you have lost and unfortunatly occasionally gained. the only scales that are truly accurate are the ones that weigh items for sale as they are tested periodically by weights and measures.
stick to one set and you will have a accurate reading.
hc

scales are scales are scales as long as you use the same ones each time they will tell you what you have lost and unfortunatly occasionally gained. the only scales that are truly accurate are the ones that weigh items for sale as they are tested periodically by weights and measures.
stick to one set and you will have a accurate reading.
hc

Yep, consistency is the key...same scales...doesn't matter if you weigh yourself on your scales of the boots ones, the loss or gain will be the same anyway...as someone previously said you prefer the boots ones as you weigh lighter, it's human nature to want to feel better...and if that means weighing lighter...if you went and tried other scales they may or may not agree with the other two sets, you might end up with a third reading higher or lower than your usual...just stick to the same scales, same time...again consistency...the weight is still falling...

Its not about wanting a better answer, as now I have tried a set in my local chemist that have given me the same result as Boots.

Its about getting a better picture. I knew I had done better that what the scales where showing me, as when I went for fill back in November the surgeons scales read me at 138kg...these Argos scales 3 months later were also reading 137.5kg - and I kept thinking, I feel better, I look better, I have gone from a 30/32 to a size 24/26 but I have only lost half a kilo???

The scales were bought for me as a present, prior to that I had always used the ones in Boots. The last time I had weighed on the boots ones showed I weighed 136.2 and that was in November just before I got these new scales.

When I got on these scales and it showed it as 137.5 I thought I had regained...which had got me down.

So my official weight today is 134kg :p

I get different results on the same scales just by moving them around the bathroom floor! I've decided it must be because the floor's not even so I found a spot where the scale seems to be pretty level and as long as I see a loss, I'm happy.

That is very true ditsy, also the floor covering affests the result as well, if its done on a carpet its one weight with nice thick underlay its another and a hard floor something totally different as well, it is more accurate on the hard floors hence mine sit in the bathroom and i weigh in the same place every week

My scales are a movable feast too.....if I have them infront of the sink i weigh more than if I have them next to the bath....guess where they get put before I hop on :)

My scales were really expensive but couldn't make up their minds what you weighed on them! I have now dumped them and only get weighed once a week at Boots. I feel really free now they are not looking at me in the bathrom all the time!!!

My scales were really expensive but couldn't make up their minds what you weighed on them! I have now dumped them and only get weighed once a week at Boots. I feel really free now they are not looking at me in the bathrom all the time!!!

That is exactly what I plan to do....:D

Back