• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Will diabetic chocolate make me dump

Slim2010

I have just been ask by a friend if i would be allow diabetic choclate but honestly i dont no if it will make me dump so help with this is very welcome

It didn't make me dump, but becareful with it as the sweetener in it can cause the runs if you eat to much. If your friend wants to buy you a treat get her to get you a book or a scarf or something practical that you can use and enjoy x

The guys are right. Its not just about dumping it goes way further than that its a behavioral thing and its behavior you should look to change.

I have never eaten chocolate post op and never will as I know I have zero control with it. If you have to have the chocolate flavor you could try the Atkins protein bars. They are low sugar and low carb but taste a little like a chocolate bar and are a good source of protein too.

I'm diabetic, unfortunately no chocolate makes me dump so i can't answer that one for you!

I would say to you though that you will probably find that you go off chocolate, i never thought i would but i have, it just isn't the same anymore....

If your friend wants to treat you, why not a copy of the new 'return to slender' cookbook or a voucher for superdrug or somewhere for a new lipstick :)

Believe it or not, i've not lost my love of food, i've just tried to remember it is no longer the be all and end all of my world :) xx

ps, the daybreak bars from Atkins have bits of choc on and are very delish :) and another source of protein, ideal if you can't do brekkie xx

Thanks for all your help will just steer clear of chocolate all together not missed it so far so shouldnt be a problem:)

Just wanted to echo what the guys have said....personally i know that if i even tasted the smallest piece then i may as well have not had my op, i would be back up to 28 stone before i knew it.
Its dangerous stuff xxx

I fell off the wagon and had some Cadbury's dairy milk last week. I made one small bar last all week....but I WILL NOT be buying any more. It's just not worth it.
I can't say it was as nice as I thought it would be!
Grace xxx

I suck a diabetic humbug a few times a week! Not exactly chocolate but I have found one here and there does not harm. Have had chocolate post op but it really does not inspire me any more (something I am most grateful for!!) so not much point eating it if it no longer gives me the buzz it used to . . . .

Back