• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Will moving house take you off the waiting list

Marky007

Hi guys, would anyone know, that if you are on the nhs waiting list for a gastric bypass, and move house during the wait, that would you be taken off the list if moving out of the area?

Hi Marky soz i have no idea but did not want to read and run hope someone will be along to help you soon x

It shouldn't do as with the new Choose and Book system you can have treatment at just about any clinic or hospital in the country. I assume you will be changing PCT? If so and you've already applied for funding I guess you will need to re-apply once you've moved and registered with new GP.

Not all that helpful but moving somewhere new thats under the same PCT doesnt seem to have made any difference, but no one asked if I was under the same PCT or not but I havent seen the consultant yet (I do have funding aproved by the PCT).
I think you need to phone your PCT or speak to your GP/hospital to find out for sure.

I'm sure the issue will be whether you change pct! Funding etc. I'd be checking to see what waiting times and criteria's are like for your new area. Seems some people on here are in the system for a long time chasing their wls.

Could you wait to move after your surgery if it's already getting close to your dates? I think you need to weigh it up and see if you can afford to delay the surgery or the move.....

Good luck with both by the way x

I guess you should contact your PCT to get the bottom line on this, but I could see an issue if you move out of your existing PCT area.

hi mark, i moved 60 miles away once i was put on the waiting list, i did ask 'if i move will it make a difference' i was told no not once your on the waiting list. i didnt chance it though and used my best mates address which came under the same borough and she just forwarded my letters from the hospital. hope this helps

Thanks guys, i guess it would be best to ask them first. Something as serious as this is not worth the risk, to get 6 months down the road and then told no would be heartache

I was wondering this myself Mark as we are thinking about moving. If we do move I will be giving my moms address as they are under the same pct. x

Back