• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

moving House

Frosty

Hi all

I had my bypass nearly 1 year ago now.
nd even though ive lost near 8 stone in all, Im still very stressed or depressed.

I treid to change my life style but a few people have said why dont i try moving house. Even though the move could be stressfull it would help me out alot.

What do you guys say, As i really need to do something and soon as seemto be taking 1 step forward 2 steps back at the moment.

For instance i go out for a nice drink with freinds and some scum bag put a mixture of heroin / mda / crystal meth and something else i cant remeber in my drink.

I thought i was going to die and ended up in hospital. So now im im thinking ill never go out again so im not desspressed with nothing to look forward to.

So to wrap it up new house or stay

Thanks for reading

Oh my god how awful about your drink!!! I am not sure what the right answer is for you but I am drawn to thinking that something as stressful as a house move could be a bad move for you right now. I would be inclined to look into counselling....have you thought about that?

Hi frosty i agree with donna, i think an house move may put more stress and strain on you, why dont you have a bit of a makeover it will give you something to focus on and be a change for you. i cant believe someone has done that to you, why do we have people like that in the world. however frosty we can not let scum like this make us change our lives, you make sure you still go out and enjoy your social time, just be careful not to leave your drink un-attended, unfortunately we have to be vigilant with people like this around. you take care of yourselfxx

I think moving house is a bad idea your problems will just go with you...I agree with the others to try counselling....sometimes if takes a long time to work through the issues....I myself had suffered off and on for many many years and strangely enough the death of a pet cat last january started me on a path of sorting things out and letting go of somethings....it still took a long time but I now feel reborn and able to cope with what life throws at me....stand your ground frosty and face it all head on and when you have come to terms with things if you want to move then then do so...((hugs)) keep your chin up chuck...xx

Hi Frosty

I can speak with some experience on this.

About 10 years ago I suffered one of the biggest losses of my life when a man I had loved died suddenly at the age of 28. Alongside that I fell out big time with a friend, lost my job and had a miscarriage, all within 6 months of each other.

I fell to pieces and ended up on Prozac and counselling. Although I gradually picked up the pieces and pulled my life into a cohesive shape, I still felt I had to get away, leave all the chains and horrid memories behind.

I made plans to move to somewhere that inspired me, would lift my spirits and give me the chance to be anonymous if I chose. That place was Brighton in East Sussex.

Even planning my new life gave me a lift. looking for a new place to call home, a place that was all mine with no taint of bad memories. It took a few months to sort but they seemed to fly by as it got nearer and nearer to the date of my move, I felt a sense of unburdening. I didn't feel stressed or depressed about leaving the old place behind and infact even shouted "Goodbye old life" as I chugged down the motorway to Brighton.

I can remember the first moment I arrived, I dumped my stuff in the flat and rushed down to the beach, sat there in the sun and just breathed a sigh of relief.

I could be me again.

I soon got a new job, made new friends and had a social life again. My old friends loved coming to see me there as to them it was a holiday.

So it can work, it can give you a break, to regain who you are but I will add, your problems don't go away unless you deal with them, face them head on. I needed to break free to enable this and maybe it will work for you.

I only moved back because my mum got poorly with her hip, and I am glad I came back as I would have never met the new love of my life. But the break did me the world of good.

I wish you love and luck for the future....and maybe a new horizon...;)

Thx guys for your kind words and thoughts. Ive had a long chat today with my partner and will have another chat tonight.

But so far ive decided to face my problems and stick where i am, and we are going to have a clear out and a decorate all round and see what happends.

I spoke to my doctor on the phone today and he said im going to feel extra bad today as ill be on a kind comedown cold turkey type feeling from the poisons that where in my system.
Which i muct say are not nice , as i fall to sleep and i wake up soaking wet with sweat . so ive had 3 baths today so far :D:D:D.

All round im happy with family etc i just have to get more active and get a more family way of life which is what im looking for.

Anyway thanks again for you thoughts , i shall keep you posted

Back