• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Will my legs straighten up after weight loss?

yorkiegal

Baxter's mum
The weight I'm carrying has made my knees twist inwards and as a result I don't walk with my feet flat to the ground anymore. Has this happened to anyone else here and did it stay that way once the weight was off?

Hi Yorkie Girl,

I have badly knocked knees (my knees and legs twist in) as a result of my long term weight issues (I've been overweight for about 32 years). I'm guessing that weight loss won't straighten them out again - when I got to 16 Stone my legs were still bad.

I'm afraid this may be the case for you too. However with the weight loss they'll look better, I'm sure. Thats what I'm hoping

x

thanks cah ching. I guess the damage is done now isn't it? I went to a yoga class a couple of years ago and the stretches caused me so much hip pain that the instructor said I've probably got damage there too. All the more reason to get this weight off. This last stone I put on has really made me start to waddle rather than walk.

I have to wear insoles in my shoes cos my knees are dodgy cos of my weight. I don't care what they look like but I bloody hope the pain goes after weight loss x

I ended up with knocked knees and they stayed that way when I lost the weight previously.

One thing I did notice though is that I got taller as my spine straightened up once the weight was gone !!!!!

Back