• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Wind pain or something

chris2710

For the past two days I have been suffering pains in my left side, around the stomach area and radiating up into the shoulder, I think it's wind pains, but why should I suddenly be suffering from this three/four months after having my bypass. It's come on suddenly but I can't pinpoint a reason for it, I haven't eaten anything new or quickly. If its wind I'll just ride it out but wondered if I should be concerned for any other reason

Hmm, I'm not sure so maybe it's worth calling you support team just to give yourself peace of mind.
I'm 3 weeks post op now and I haven't had much wind problems but I do burp a lot more than I did before and last night I had the most horrendous heartburn and indigestion that I was actually sick. I didn't do anything out of the norm so I'm not sure why this happens.
It looks like we're prone randomly to this these kinds of illnesses once we have a bypass :(

Sounds more like gallbladder pain than wind.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Thought gall bladder was on the right hand side, my pain is definitely on the left, would it radiate that far. Do you think I should go to the doctors, don't like to make a fuss if it's not necessary but sometimes have trouble understanding this new body of mine.

Just thought was Shelbel referring to my comment or Graces

I had pain like that 2 weeks ago, worried it was gall bladder and turned out to be shingles luckily caught in time x

Yes it can be on the left side, particularly if you lie on it. It will hurt as you breathe in and out and will feel like the wind pain in the shoulder.

Back