• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Wind

goingtobehappy

Hi everyone

Well I'm now 8 days post gastric sleeve op and still feeling quite a bit of wind in my back. I can get it moving and my sleep isn't affected through the discomfort as it had been earlier on.
Will making sure that I do everything I can to burp always be a part of life? I'm also finding that my bra strap (round my back) seems to restrict the ease of of burping and I'm spending some of my time each day walking round with my bra undone.
Any hints on how to overcome any of this? I'm back to work on sunday so the undoing of the bra then won't be possible.
Thanks in advance

Windy Miller... I'm the same at times love... peppermint tea, moving around and gentle stretches and also Deflatine seem to help... they gave me gaviscon in hospital.

Take care precious, at your side xxx

Hi Andrea, sorry to hear you're suffering. I get really bad heart burn and find that my bra makes it much worse so I undo the clasps and hook a piece of ribbon between either side. This makes the bra a couple of inches wider and much more comfortable. Hope this helps xxx

Hey Andrea,

ive heard that doing a windmill movement with your arms can help (kind of have your arms at opposite heights going in a circular motion) and also defaltine :) Hope you manage to shift without going comando at work!

x

I really suffered with wind after my op....and it's never really stopped, lol! I think I could create enough wind on my own to run a wind farm....As the others say, windeeze or deflatine, gripe water, infacol, peppermint tea or sipping warm water can all help, plus keep moving too. Hopefully once you've shifted it, you won't suffer too badly when you are back at work!

I've noticed that wind is much more of a problem post op and hasn't gone away. In fact, I don't dump at all in the traditional way but I think I show it in wind/smelly poop (sorry - tmi) sugar/fat being the main culprit

'Fling that sling and let em swing'till you go to work!Hope it shifts,have you got someone to pat your back and wind you like a baby?

Thanks girls and Deets, had I read that after a few bevies I may well have given it a try lol.
Re the bra just trying to work out which one looks least like its undone when it is - bones accross where the nipples should be is not a good idea.
I have my children to pat my back, but you do have to be desperate to ask them, its more of a smack than a pat.

I'm finding the windmill movement works best at the moment. Hope you aren't having too much trouble.

Also just noticed your current total weight loss!! Woo-hoo girl. You are my inspiration.

Hi there,
Wind pains after surgery are a pain! And can hurt a lot too.
The best thing I found was deflatine and walking round the house.

Back