• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Wish me luck!

New to this. Have had a terrible year- had lost nearly 4 stone with WW, only to put it back on when I found out my sister was dying. She died in Septmber and last week found my mojo again. Started dieting on Monday- collapsed on Wednesday and taken into hospital with an inflammed gall bladder which they refused to operate on as my BMI was 51- BUT they did suggest surgery as they want me to lose 7 stone before they will consider me. Going to see GP tomorrow to hopefully get second referral. Anyone know if there's a fast track method for Walsall? As I'm terrified of a reoccurance of the Gall Bladder trouble- I have Diverticular disease and High Blood Pressure and live in Tamworth- I'm 53. I am wondering how long referral will take and whether my doctor will refer me?

Good luck xxxxx

Good luck! Sorry I don't know much about referrals

Good luck dear

New to this. Have had a terrible year- had lost nearly 4 stone with WW, only to put it back on when I found out my sister was dying. She died in Septmber and last week found my mojo again. Started dieting on Monday- collapsed on Wednesday and taken into hospital with an inflammed gall bladder which they refused to operate on as my BMI was 51- BUT they did suggest surgery as they want me to lose 7 stone before they will consider me. Going to see GP tomorrow to hopefully get second referral. Anyone know if there's a fast track method for Walsall? As I'm terrified of a reoccurance of the Gall Bladder trouble- I have Diverticular disease and High Blood Pressure and live in Tamworth- I'm 53. I am wondering how long referral will take and whether my doctor will refer me?
Hi, I am sorry for your Loss of your sister and your problems with your gaul bladder,I am 52 with a BMI of 46 and have had my gaul bladder out due to drastic ( yo yo ) dieting,the pain from the gaul bladder is like having a heart attack,I was turned down by my doctor,so I researched on weight loss surgery and found that the gastric band is the right choice for me,I am having my consultation tomorrow with the Hospital Group,( Dolan Park ) is where i will be going for surgery if all goes well? Its on offer at the moment for £5,000 thats good for the UK! Hope this helps you xxx

Hi Bernadette & welcome :) I don't know the answer to your fast track question but just wanted to offer my condolences re your sister & encouragement to chase your operation ... there are lots of Walsall peeps on here so you will get an answer quite soon I expect :) Chin up, honey xxx

Hi bernadette,

firstly, im sorry for your loss :( xx
secondly, i also live in tamworth and fall under south staffs pct.

all my waiting times etc are below in my signature.....i havent got as far as surgery, i have my first appointment at weight management on tuesday... you can find more by googling but here are some links i found useful.

Please keep us up to date, this is a great forum and no question goes unanswered.

http://www.southstaffordshirepct.nhs.uk/services/localServices/Guide.pdf

http://www.southstaffordshirepct.nhs.uk/policies/Commissioning/PolicyNo10BariatricSurgery.pdf

Good luck bernadette-in ireland getting a surgeon tl accept a bariatric referral is like finding hens teeth. Seems to be much better in england tho so hope u get a speedy process.

Xo

Hi Bernadette,
So sorry for your loss.
Regarding fast track, there is nor formal "route" - however at my group meeting (in the early stages), they said that if our circumstances changed significantly then we should notify them and they would consider. She did make it clear that "severe depression" and general ailments are not in their eyes sufficient. Her example was cancer suffers who's life depends on surgery, which can only take place after surgery. (Or something along those lines.)

Maybe someone else has experience here and can help you further.

Good luck with your journey!
SN

Back