• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Wish us luck for half marathon

Blueeyes and I are about to leave my flat to go to Greenwich to take part in the half marathon night time (shine walk). I am looking forward to it and hope I can finish it. This is truly amazing that I can do it as two years ago I struggled walking up a flight of stairs. Now 12 stone less, I am much fitter and happier.

Wish us luck. Will come back on tomorrow and update you.

woohoo go for it, good luck butts :) xxx

wow good luck you are a insperation. you go girl

Good luck-and i hope you both enjoyed it xx

how did it go? :) x

We made it!! It was amazing to say the least! I struggled quite a bit at the end but I finished together with the fabulous emergingbutterfly!

We were by far the biggest people there and surrounded mainly by people who take this walking business very seriously (unlike me). I feel proud that we both finished the 13.1 miles (my pedometer shows a couple more miles!).

Besides the personal accomplishment I feel happy to have been able to support Cancer Research UK and to have walked all these miles with rather special people.

Also the support and kind words from total strangers when I was struggling was quite touching.

All in all a great event for me!

EB and myself have online sponsor pages. I'm happy to share mine, just send me a direct message.

Back