• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Wishing I could go private

Snow White

I am still waiting for Bexley PCT to tell me if I can get funded or not. I tried chasing it, but nobody seems to know who I should talk to. If I do get funding the wait is about 2 years apparently.

I am trying to think of ways I could go private. But, unless I win the lottery it seems impossible. I have decided I want it after years of back and forth. I am feeling so frustrated at the moment.

Sorry for the vent, just really feeling like it's out of my reach...

I have been thinking of trying for a loan. I have not heard yet about pct funding decision. I know if I at least knew I was being funded maybe I would feel more positive. The wait is long... I don't know? I go a bit back and forth! My inner chicken starts rearing her head. Lol

Hi Mel

It is very frustrating and i do understand.... Good luck with funding ...

Nicky

my funding was denied (i was, unfortunately i guess, fit for a fat bird!). So i went privately with cosmetic bliss who operate from the Czech republic. They were much cheaper than the prices quoted to me in the UK and the service and support has been excellent.

I hope you manage to sort something out x

Thanks, the thing that annoys me is the post code lottery. I think the NICE guidelines should be followed. This business of someone 10 miles in either direction getting one whilst others are denied is crazy. I have worked for the NHS nearly 10 years. I understand about priorities in care. But, the research clearly shows the op pays for itself within 3 years.

Does anyone know how long it usually takes from referral for funding to hear an answer. I know it's a long wait for the actual surgery. Just wish I had something to give me a bit of hope. Lol

My doctor blankly refussed to even consider it. All they did was send me to a dietician who told me to eat breakfast and gave me pills...

I was approved for a loan this week with nationwide at 12.9% apr over 5 yrs. Id rather pay £200 a month and get myself onto the road to healthy than wait for an answer or fight a case. I'm a control freak and couldnt wait lol

If you can do it yourself go for it hun. Its on your terms then :)

Good luck! I would love to get a loan, unfortunately I am in a debt management plan. Otherwise, I would be at the bank with my purse out! Lol. I did see an article in one of the weekly mags about a site that woman sign up to and post naughty pics and men sponsor breast enlargement surgery. Was thinking maybe should start one for fat birds! Lmao. I would get my kit off for surgery. Lol

i sell fetish and pvc leather and have modelled, the bbw market is massive , but gone are the days of people paying any sort of amount for pics or towards boob jobs or surgery ,,, maybe 3 or 5 years ago,but now i doubt youd earn enough to get a botox injection! lol,but you could av fun trying lol ,good luck with ya journey love,thinking of you x xxxxxxx

I think it probably depends when the funding panels meet. My GP applied for funding mid April, had a decision in May and then hospital appointments throughout July and pre-op today. I think from what I have read of others experiences I have been extremely lucky.

Good luck with your funding x

Thank you! It sounds you have been very lucky. I think because I am just feeling anxious. I know even after funding I'm in for a big wait. But, at least if i had a bit of hope it be reassuring.

Hey Mel, so sorry to hear your frustration, I was very lucky, I saw my GP in December and she said she would refer me, didnt hear anything but found out that she had 'forgot'. Was referred and saw Mr El-Hasani in Feb and was put on the list in March, which was a good job as I did also see him privately re getting it done quicker (which unfortunately I can't afford) where he informed me that if I was being referred after April I would not meet the new NICE guidelines. I really hope you get good news and funding is offered for you.
Best of luck
Kim xx

What changed In April? Hopefully, I still meet that criteria. I know one of the reasons my gp took so long to write the referral is because he said he wanted to check NICE guidelines so fingers crossed he did and thought I was eligible. Thanks for the info! Good luck!

I'm getting so frustrated! After to many calls to count I finally was give a name of a supposedly real person who could possibly tell me the status of my funding request. I have called twice a day all week all i get is a voice mail and she never calls back! Ugh!

Back