• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Wishing I could go private

Good luck! I would love to get a loan, unfortunately I am in a debt management plan. Otherwise, I would be at the bank with my purse out! Lol. I did see an article in one of the weekly mags about a site that woman sign up to and post naughty pics and men sponsor breast enlargement surgery. Was thinking maybe should start one for fat birds! Lmao. I would get my kit off for surgery. Lol

hahahahaha so would i!!!!!!!!!!:8855:

Snow White,

My GP originally wrote to the PCT (not Bexley) about my funding back in November 2009 and funding wasn't confirmed until April 2010 but, in that time, he did hear back from the PCT to say I'd been refused funding. It took 3 appeals to different panels in the PCT eventually going before the special exceptions panel before they agreed to funding me - I also got a letter of recommendation written by my rheumatologist to help my case along.

Take heart and perhaps ask your GP's to chase up the PCT for you, it's always possible they've had some form of correspondence and may even have been in contact without you being aware of it.

Good luck,

Tatiana

I'm getting so frustrated! After to many calls to count I finally was give a name of a supposedly real person who could possibly tell me the status of my funding request. I have called twice a day all week all i get is a voice mail and she never calls back! Ugh!

Keep trying!

Good luck x

i also self funded as i didnt want to jump through any more nhs hoops, i had to work very hard to get the money so unfortunately nothing is for nothing in this world , good luck xxxxxxxxx

I am beyond impatient!! I am trying to look at other funding possibilities. Decided I am Veruca Salt from Willy Wonka!!! I want it nowwwwwww!!! lmao

Be prepared to be told you need to do weight management course!I started my loooong journey August 2008 did WM and finally refered for funding Feb 2010,got funding in June last year and saw surgeon September,had surgery 21st Feb this year!

I am expecting that to be part of the deal. My gp was a bit on the fence about it, he said he thought they may count the times i did it before in xenical.

Hi Mel, Frustrating aint it. I did 2 attempts at xenical (both times they made me constipated, TMI) but I still had to do a 3 month weight loss course (which stretched to 5months as it fell over Christmas hols & then the snow). This is much less than the year that some people have to do though so I feel quite fortunate in this, but it is still a loooong time from start to finish. It does teach patience though.... or maybe not lol xx :D:D

Last edited:
LOL I feel like I have waited a lifetime for this. So, a longer wait is not the end of the world I suppose...Really at this point it's just nice to have this site where I can talk openly and get real honest answers. Thank you all so much!!

I can't begin to thank you for the help and advice you have given me and basically just being there. ((hugs)) to everyone, wherever you are in your journey.

Back