• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

wls and tattoos

tkdlass

Hi all,

I was wordering how many of you have had WLS and have tattoo's done before your WLS and how the weight loss has effected them if at all?

I have three tattoos for about five years now and my weight has been up and down for about five stone give or take a pound or two lol but it hasnt ruined them.

aye so any insight on this subject would be great

Thanks in advance.
C.

I've got one on my back and one on my foot/ankle/leg. They are quite big and haven't been affected by my weight loss.
Having said that they aren't on areas that have become particularly saggy or that were my biggest parts in the first place.
I broke my ankle not long after I had the foot piece done and my orthopaedic surgeon (who was very interested in tattoos :) ) was concerned that it might stretch with the swelling, but it didn't come to any harm.

this has been asked before so i'll answer from memory :)

someone said that if they are coloured the colours can get more intense/richer which is good right! No affect on my one yet, or at least those who look at my shoulder haven't remarked xxx

I'm covered Iv got 15 all together so I'm hoping they dint get affected 2 much wen I have my Wls xx

I have 1 on my breast......well it was on my breast but seen as my boobs are now none existent its on my chest lol x

My mate had one in a circle around the outside of her belly button since losing 13stone and a tummy tuck later it no longer exists!!!!!!!!

lol.....Ive got a tit-too and its already round my waist :eek: it will be round my ankles unless I get a boob job! :D XX

LoL Jacqui

Well i guess from everything i've read i really depends on where you've got your tats done

mines are on the insides of my lower arms
If i get my WLS i wanna get more tats

theres such a lot i wanna do
i guess that WLS is my freedom that i need to fight hard for.

So far i have lost just over 4 stone and no change to mine - on shoulder and ankle..

I have ten, my lower, inside arm tattoos have 'thinned' out, but I wouldn't say they have become brighter or more intense. Calves haven't changed. Shoulder hasn't changed. The rest (behind my ear, chest/collarbone, and feet) were all done after bypass :).

I have 6 and none of mine have been affected x 2 of mine are on the inside of my arms/wrists x

I have three tattoos but have purposely had each done in an area where I don't carry fat so that they wouldn't be affected by weight loss.
Once I've lost my weight, I'd probably get more in other places.

I have 17, some are in places i cant even see!! so far they all look ok.

looking forward to my next which will be a phoenix in celebration of the new me.

sallie

Oh man I am hoping the ones on my boobs don't get effected much... they are my favourite!

OMG i completely forgot about this thread!!!

i'm hoping to have more done once i lose weight
well then again i am planing on doing A LOT more once i lose weight!!

Back