• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

WLS Books

fatbutnot4eva

Loves her gorgeous family
Hi
I have looked on ebay and amazon but cant seem to find any, do you know if there are any weight loss surgery books
esp band books
Thanks

thanks chick x

Just looked on ebay again and there are loads now !!!
x

Most of the books I have read focus on gastric bypass but here is a list I found that is geared for banders, I have highlighted the ones I own in blue:

The Lap-Band Solution: A Partnership For Weight Loss. By Paul O'Brien MD
The author Professor Paul O'Brien is located in Melbourne. He introduced banding to Australia and was the first doctor in Australia to band a patient.
The Lap-Band Solution Book, Dr. Paul O'Brien - Centre for Bariatric Surgery, Obesity Support Book

Food and Nutrition Guide to Gastric Banding. By Trudy Williams.
The Pocket Gastric Band Guide. By Trudy Williams.
(Australian)
Trudy Williams is a dietitian located in Brisbane.
Trudy Williams FoodTalk: diet, gastric band, lap band, visual photo guide to food portions and food serves.

Weight Loss For Food Lovers. By George Blair West.
(Australian) Understanding The Psychology and Sabotage Of Weight Loss.
www.weightlossforfoodlove rs.com

Fighting Weight. By Gastric band patient Khaliah Ali (Muhammed Ali's daughter) and Doctors Christine Ren and George Fielding.
An American and an Australian Book. Khalia Ali is American, Dr George Fielding is an Australian banding doctor and is banded himself, he was banded in Australia by Professor Paul O'Brien. Doctor Christine Ren is an American banding surgeon.

A free four page excerpt of this book can be read on
ABC News: Excerpt: Khaliah Ali's 'Fighting Weight' age=1

Before & After: Living & Eating Well After Weight Loss Surgery. By Susan Maria Leach
(USA)
Over 140 Low-fat, High-protein Recipes.

Eating Well After Weight Loss Surgery: By Patt Levine and Michele Bontempo-Saray.
(USA)
Over 140 Low-fat, High-protein Recipes.

Mindless Eating. By Brian Wansik, PH.D.
(USA)
Mindless Eating: Brian Wansink Ph.D.

Laproscopic Adjustable Gastric Banding. By Jessie H.Ahroni Ph.D.A.R.N.P.
(USA)

The Emotional First Aid Kit. By Cynthia L. Alexander.
(USA) A Practical Guide To Life After Bariatric Surgery.

Weight Loss Surgery for Dummies. By Kurian, Thompson and Davidson.
(USA)

Weight-Loss-Surgery by Barbara Thompson
Amazon.com: Weight Loss Surgery: Finding the Thin Person Hiding Inside You - SECOND EDITION: Barbara Thompson: Books

Here is a link to the amazon.co.uk search I did that brought up all these books plus a few more:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_ss...ks&field-keywords=weight+loss+surgery&x=0&y=0

HTH,
Nic

Nic you little star sending you a hugg n a kiss(((((mwwwwaaahhhh)))))
thanks i will look them up and see what i can get
I have just got the one before and after about a woman in america but she had the bypass so not sure if it will help me.
just going to read as much as possible to get me ready lol
xxx

I have the weight loss surgery for dummies book and find it really helpful as you dont have to read all the way through but pick out the bits you want. I have had the bypass though and from what I have read in it so far it seems to be aimed more at the bypass...xx

Back