• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

WLS meet up 06/07/13 1pm at Comfort Inn Birmingham B5 4DY

Does it matter who or how many? No it doesn't and im certainly not getting drawn in to a debate over it.

I just thought you were being unnecessarily harsh to Yvessa. This is a meet up thread and one of the members going was asking about a former regular poster who lived locally. Yvessa is obviously still in touch with that member.

You're both essentially saying the same thing anyway.

People do what they want to and thats up to them and it is a shame when people take and dont give. It is what it is.

Lets just keep things 'on topic' please!

Does it matter who or how many? No it doesn't and im certainly not getting drawn in to a debate over it.

I just thought you were being unnecessarily harsh to Yvessa. This is a meet up thread and one of the members going was asking about a former regular poster who lived locally. Yvessa is obviously still in touch with that member.

You're both essentially saying the same thing anyway.

People do what they want to and thats up to them and it is a shame when people take and dont give. It is what it is.

Lets just keep things 'on topic' please!

Well yes it does if you wish to nail your colours to that particular mast Mazza, I was tempted to say put up or shut up but I see you said and did it got me :D

facts are never harsh Mazza, I kind of get a tad protective when people have a pop at this forum (yes I know that's your job as a moderator Mazza ;);))

I'm all for keeping things on topic Mazza as long as everyone else feels the same way.

I would love the opportunity to meet up with you all, have looked into trains etc. but I'm afraid to get there from Cornwall is just not practical at the moment.:cry:

I really hope you all have a good time and lots and lots of photos please:)

Just bumping the thread to remind you of this coming Saturday's meet-up.

If anyone needs a lift from Northants, pm me.

So can we have a finite list of who is going and the address of where we are meeting please. I am going to do my absolute damnedest to get there but the pain is outrageous now as I get towards the end of this fight. However Val and I are really looking forward to seeing some of you for the final time. Xxxxx

I hope you all have a wonderful meet up am so sorry I have will have missed it all. Enjoy put faces and personalities to the names. xxx

So can we have a finite list of who is going and the address of where we are meeting please. I am going to do my absolute damnedest to get there but the pain is outrageous now as I get towards the end of this fight. However Val and I are really looking forward to seeing some of you for the final time. Xxxxx

Here's hoping you can make it Karlos.

This is the hotel. It is 0.1m from New St station. There is parking 'nearby' but it isn't obvious from google maps where it is.

Birmingham Hotels City Centre | Comfort Inn Birmingham
M6 Jct. 6 to A38M - towards city centre. Take Queensway Ring Road, Holloway Head to Smallbrook Queensway - take a left onto Hill Street and second right onto Station Street.

I'm actually going to park at the NEC and train it in from Bham International; the difference in cost will be about the same as city centre parking fees.

If coming in by train you need to find an exit that takes you over Queens Drive. Station Street is just south of Queens Drive.

Here's hoping you can make it Karlos.

This is the hotel. It is 0.1m from New St station. There is parking 'nearby' but it isn't obvious from google maps where it is.

Birmingham Hotels City Centre | Comfort Inn Birmingham
M6 Jct. 6 to A38M - towards city centre. Take Queensway Ring Road, Holloway Head to Smallbrook Queensway - take a left onto Hill Street and second right onto Station Street.

I'm actually going to park at the NEC and train it in from Bham International; the difference in cost will be about the same as city centre parking fees.

If coming in by train you need to find an exit that takes you over Queens Drive. Station Street is just south of Queens Drive.

This cancer has ravaged my fitness to the point I can't walk more than 100 yards anymore. Is the parking closer than that ? I've not been appraised as disabled as I didn't want to take up a blue badge from someone who might need one

Who is going to join us?

Last edited:
Sorry I cannot make it just finished a night shift and back on in 12 hours
But please all have a fantastic time
Take care mark

I hope you all have a fabulous time xx

So up to now there are two of us confirmed? I have to say I'm disappointed with this, though I guess this beautiful weather is driving people to closer family gatherings. I'm in far too much pain to risk travelling to Birmingham to find only two of us there, so I'm really sorry Future Perfect but I'm not going to make the journey.

Apart from the outrageous pain in my back and Liver, the round trip with parking would cost me over £100 quid in fuel, parking, etc and I'd need more commitment from the members here before I'd drag Val away from a family gathering (Her sister rang this morning and asked us to a BBQ) bless her she said she couldn't make it as she was travelling to Birmingham with me. But I can't justify her missing that which will be the last one with me there, for the number of people who have confirmed.

Hope you understand Future Perfect

No worries Karlos - your family comes first.

Don't ask me to organise anything in the future though - I was the only one who bothered to turn up - I could have spent the day in the garden topping up the tan.

Never mind, I took the opportunity to shop in the Bull Ring and bought a pack of 3 extra small belts from Next - just because they fit.

I'm so sorry honey :( I was upfront from the start that I couldn't come but disappointed that others let you down.

Well I am so very sorry, that it didn't come to fruition. I did so want to come The change of date didn't help but I can only apologise. Thank you Future Perfect for taking that on, and hope your time wasn't wasted and you enjoyed the bit shopping. Carlos pleased something good came out of the disappointment and you enjoyed the family BBQ. For me personally Birmingham was a real long way to travel but had my situation not changed in April this year I would have made it as others in this area were up for it. Think the planning run out of steam so sorry guys. I know you took it on last minute Future Perfect. Thankyou xx

Back