• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

WLS meet up 06/07/13 1pm at Comfort Inn Birmingham B5 4DY

Okay, who actually was planning on going? Actually genuinely had it in their diary to go?

And me, live 20mins away

I'm not local to Birmingham, but can I suggest we change it to later in the year - summer and organise it properly of enough people are interested?

I'd love to go if its at a time I'm still here. I can't do next week but could do two weeks time why not have it Saturday 6th July at 1 o'clock in Birmingham. Everyone welcome pre or post op, with Partners/Support staff or without. I have room for two who would want to go from Manchester in the Range Rover and would run a door to door service.

The Brummies can sort out some possible venues that are within easy reach of the train network that have parking within easy walking distance for a guy who might be struggling by then with walking. :cry::D

I reckon we could have a ball tearing up the centre of Birmingham. You want to make a lunch job I'm game, or just tea and coffee would be great too. Lets find one really good reason for doing this rather than 100 reasons not to. ;)

Ok Over to you lot, what do you say? Last chance for me, and you can all take the Mickey out of my REAL hair loss LOL LOL

Well I for one am game Karlos.. I would be coming up to birmingham from wiltshire, so if anyone is from down this way more than happy to give them a lift also. Have room for two passengers...

I hope you do manage to get something organised.

For a variety of reasons - most to do with lack of cash and a dead car!! - I don't stand a hope in hell of coming along be it anytime in 2013 but I have been to get togethers arranged on other groups (oh, the old MSN group days!!) and have always had a great time and would highly recommend it to all those who can get along.

I really can't do 6 July, walking for charity then. Would've loved to come as Birmingham is easy for me to get to.

Okay, who actually was planning on going? Actually genuinely had it in their diary to go?

Well I certainly did I did have it sectioned off and Knew as the time got closer would have to negotiate time off for it however nothing specific was finalised till much too late Fuffs was going to coordinate with one of the other girls help but she too got a new job and her mum and herself has been in hospital and poorly otherwise think we could of well pulled it off, would have been fab. We knew some people would say yes but not turn up that's always the way but I would have loved it x:sigh::sigh:

It is now becoming harder for me to do it. I would be over the moon if someone could pull it off just an end to the vision would be an accompolishment in itself. So sorry if I have let you all down. There are quite a few of you I have chatted to and would have really loved to meet you in person. My apologies xx Take care all xx

Okay lets go for it. Scooter, I know you've got a lot on your plate - could you organise the venue love as you know Brum?

I'm very sad I will have to miss it then, would have loved to meet you all. Can only do the 20th, not earlier. :(

I suggest we go ahead with the 6th and then maybe try for another later in the year or next year.

I don't know much about venues - futureperfect can you organise a venue?

Blimey - pressure's on now!
I'll stick with the Comfort Inn on Station Street.
Very close to New Street station, nearby carparking, comfy bar open 11am.
Link here:-
Birmingham Hotels City Centre | Comfort Inn Birmingham
To avoid driving into Bham centre you could opt to drive to and park at NEC and get a short hop to New Street.

Back