• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

WLS meet up 06/07/13 1pm at Comfort Inn Birmingham B5 4DY

Yvessa

I will pm a mod and ask them to put date and venue in the title as I can't do it only Chrisa can. Do we need to call ahead do you think?

FuturePerfect

Finally in love with life
I've just given them a call and they said it should be fine - there will be no football on, and no business trade on a Saturday, so we can meet in the bar.
We could probably do with a rough idea of numbers though, so that the first ones there can bag adjacent seating.

That's 1 definite from me.

Karlos

That's Brilliant, put me down for two seats for the Wife and I

chrisa

Well done for sorting it everyone so sorry can't be part of it, well at the end especially, the big meet up xx

Maphillips

I am down to work that weekend but on nights going to see if I could pop down for a couple of hours as only a 2 hour drive I will try depends what time I finish in the morning

Lincs Lass

Have a lovely time all x

scooter81

Walking Disaster Area
Yay! Looking forward to seeing you all :)

Dinda

It is next Saturday, I think Chrisa is just getting excited.

I'm trying to work out my best options from North Devon, looking like the car as the train is coming up at over £150!!! I'm normally shy and quiet, so can hardly believe I'm considering it.

I hope some 'oldies' that I hardly ever see here can make it, especially people like Sophie/Fuffs as she lives there. Maybe if anyone is still in touch with any former regulars they could let them know? Unless its ........ Oh gosh, maybe that's a bad idea!

Yvessa

Sorry Dinda, unfortunately it is Sophie's youngest son's 5th birthday and she won't be able to make it :(

Dinda

Aww, I hope they all have a lovely day. Please give her my regards next time you speak x

I still look back on the old days and people with fondness, I know we all have lives and families to get on with but I still wonder how they are.

Yvessa

Me too :( I think its a real shame that people further out feel that they can't get the support they need here.

Karlos

Me too :( I think its a real shame that people further out feel that they can't get the support they need here.

Sorry this is utter rubbish. Most people who reach goal and then go on to live successful WLS Post Op lives drift away because they no longer need support, not because they feel they cant get it here. They no longer feel the need to post because they have reached their targets and go out and live their lives.

Some will go on to fail, or struggle and they soon come back here asking for advice, the others are I'm afraid far too busy living real lives to spend their lives on internet forums. Some will return to post pictures of how well they are doing so they can have their ego stroked, and that's fine.

To suggest they feel that this place doesn't offer them support as they get further out, when the reality is they don't need support is misleading and wrong

Mazza

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry this is utter rubbish. Most people who reach goal and then go on to live successful WLS Post Op lives drift away because they no longer need support, not because they feel they cant get it here. They no longer feel the need to post because they have reached their targets and go out and live their lives.

Some will go on to fail, or struggle and they soon come back here asking for advice, the others are I'm afraid far too busy living real lives to spend their lives on internet forums. Some will return to post pictures of how well they are doing so they can have their ego stroked, and that's fine.

To suggest they feel that this place doesn't offer them support as they get further out, when the reality is they don't need support is misleading and wrong

Thats a bit harsh Karlos!

I'm sure we all appreciate why people drift away but recently some long termers have been saying they can't get the support they need on here. And yes, it is a shame.

But that's them saying that not people making assumptions.

Karlos

Thats a bit harsh Karlos!

I'm sure we all appreciate why people drift away but recently some long termers have been saying they can't get the support they need on here. And yes, it is a shame.

But that's them saying that not people making assumptions.

Who? how many? Considering the huge number of members who are post op and considered as long "termers" one or two complaining that they can't get support here is crap.

That most of the long "termers" drift away rather than stick around to give back the support that they've had from here. The more people that drift away the less support there is for these so called "Long termers"