• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Woman died in brighton anyone know anything about it please??

Yup, I absorb very little of what I eat. When you research the bypass you read that the absorption rate post op is 30-70% of what you eat, and of course most people end up somewhere in the middle. But there will always be some people at each end of the extreme.

Also, in most patients the intestine adapts over time and so absorption increases, dumping decreases, and the intestine works pretty much as it did pre-op. Hence the golden period of weight loss during the first 6-12 months. For me this hasn't happened, and I've been advised that it most likely never will now, as I'm 3.5 years post op.

So I eat this way purely to maintain weight, any less and I start shrinking again very quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Thank you for sharing with us shell, because of this do u wish you had never had it done at all? xx

alison1979 said:
Thank you for sharing with us shell, because of this do u wish you had never had it done at all? xx

Definitely not! I love being a normal size, I have normal kidney function for the first time since I was 13, and the stress on my joints is far far less. I was looking at knee replacement within 10 years.

A non-forum friend of mine is the complete opposite to me, never reached goal and has regained a few stone since lowest weight. For her, it's a constant battle against the pounds, a constant diet, and sadly a battle she knows she will most likely lose in the long run. Without the malabsorption I would very possibly be in that situation too. I would far rather be battling to keep the weight on than off.

There have been times when i've been very stressed by it, before I got to the balance I'm at now, and pregnancy was very stressful, but all considered I'd do it again tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Great post Shel. Shows two extremes of the WLS story. I feel I would also prefer to be trying to keep the weight on then heading back to what I am now. That must be so hard for your friend :(

Thanks shelly i guess its a case of wait and see what happens after tuesday, i am really feeling the nerves now, i was also told i would been knee surgery when i am older i did have a fall and they could see the damage from that but it was my weight that was causing the swolleness as water was round the knee cap, it comes and goes but hopefully it will not be happening again, thank you for your posts x

Wow....Amazing insight hun....Thank you so very much for sharing xx

I'm having my surgery at the same hospital she had hers different surgeon thank god other wise I'd have some serious thinking to do

jonnywin said:
I'm having my surgery at the same hospital she had hers different surgeon thank god other wise I'd have some serious thinking to do

I have heard the surgeon is very good. Think it was more about her health and less about the ability of the surgeon:)

Back