• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

first post in here

milkybar

hello all,
im a member on here but normally have used it for the cambridge diet.
but in october 08 i had a gastric band fitted in belgium!
i have a 11ml band and so far after 2 fills have 4.5 mls in my band.
i have lost so far 2.5 stone but that is only the weight i gained post consultaion and pre op, i havent actually lost any real weight yet.
im starting to get a bit down and find it hard to talk to people about it especially my partner as he also has a band and seems to be doing ebtter than me.
i also find i can eat loads, less than before the band but still too much. but only on some days some days i have 1 mouthful and it will get stuck and ill be in pain for hours. i just dont think i can have another fill becasue of this.
im getting really down as i want to have lost more weight by now .
im thinking of trying the cambridge diet whilst having the band as i know this will work but im not sure if its safe? i cant see why not so thought i would ask you lot for some advice?

milkybar

hey - dunno much about gastric bands... but didn't want you to think we were ignoring you :)

I'm sure someone will be along soon who knows......

Debz x

hi and w3elcome to our litle section of this forum cant really advise you much on the band as i am booked in for the bypass but there will be someone soon that can help im sure there was a post on here very similar and it was to do with drinking at the same time or just after eating cant be sure but there will be lots of advice coming soon and theres always someone here if you just want to chat or off load things.

hiya and welcome to this part of the minimins site ... i also dont know much about the band but have read loads of posts from other people in here so im sure you will have loads of words of advice soon ... from what i gather from reading other peoples post on the band that they aint sticking to what there told ie.. drinking at the same time as eating and flushing the food through the band to quick and making your self feel hungry again sooner than you should .. and im guessing its getting the fill right as everyone is diff ..

im sure someone will fill u in more and tell you all you need to know ;o)

Hello

I had the band done in October last year too and have only had one fill. I can eat more than I should but I have had to iron will myself.

If I am hungry - I eat something healthy and fat free. I make a home made veggie soup and get that on the go if the hunger kicks in. Its filling, delicious and doesn't matter, there is no fat and almost zero calories.

Don't compare yourself to others, we are all different. Our journies are unique to us. My surgeon told me it can take 4-6 fills to get this tool working, so patience is the key.

And remember you have lost weight - it's not going back on - and that is a fantastic acheivement.

cazbandy is right! you have lost weight, and it is not going back on and that is an achievement. Well done... Just give it time...

Sorry I dont know anything about banding but i think the very best thing would be to go back to your doctor.

Back