• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Wooooooohoooooo i got funding approved :)

jen1805

Hi everyone I have no patience, I fully admit I had fallen off the wagon in quite spectacular style, the wait was driving me nuts. I had reached the point I had convinced myself I would be refused so whats the point? well I phoned the CCG today on a whim, just in case they could tell me over the phone, just so I knew one way or the other. My referral was sent to them 14th Aug, approved 17th Aug and letter sent to GP. OMG!!! I'm getting surgery :) (Oh hang on a minute that's weeks ago) phoned GP surgery "oh yes here it is you were referred to the Royal Bournemouth 24th Aug", so I've been sat here losing the battle with food because no one saw fit to tell me anything :( now waiting for a letter from the hospital to find out what happens next,

So happy right now, can't stop grinning lol

If anyone knows what hoops Bournemouth hospital have and general timescale that would be fab, thanks xxx

los in it

Good things come to those who wait! Well done on your good news

beepbeepcat

Hi I live just down the road from Bournemouth and my friend is 4 months into teir 3 referral have you done the teir 3 or just got referred for health reasons? I have completed a teir 3 from Spire Soton and awaiting a clinic to become avalible whatever that means. I'm confused about the referral system.

jen1805

Hi i did tier 3 with spire Southampton they then wrote to the dorset care commissioning group, I was waiting for a letter but phoned them today and was told funding was granted last month, then found out gp had referred me to royal bournemouth on 24th so now back to waiting but at least now I know there is a light at the end of this very long tunnel xxx

beepbeepcat

Qs

How do I get hold of the care commissioning group?

jellykelly

hiya , good for you I'm in a similar situation i have been approved and found out my wait time could be 8 months (may 2016)
i am so happy but like you the waiting is driving me nuts really is driving me mad . best of luck hope your wait is not a long as mine x

jellykelly

and like you I've just received a letter from bariatrics writing to my GP to tell them i have been approved and will be having surgery .

best thing for you to do now is to contact your hospital and ask them how long the waiting list for surgery is .

my hospital waiting time is 8 months and i was told will receive my surgery date via a letter and will receive it roughly 6 weeks before surgery no longer than 4 weeks before surgery .
with that letter i should expect another letter with that telling me when to come in for my pre op tests .

thats what I've been told for what happens next for me check with your hospital and they should be able to tell you if not exactly then roughly since now your official and have been approved . x

jen1805

Hi and thanks any ideas on how I would go about contacting the hospital would I need to call the main number or a specific dept? Good luck with your journey hope to God I hear soon I'm driving me and everyone else nuts lol xxx

jen1805

Feeling completely devastated, just phoned gp to find out what was happening and Secretary called them to be told the whole bariatric system at bournemouth is on hold for a funding review, heartbroken ? have an appointment to see gp on Monday feel like face planting into a huge cream cake ? ? xxx

jellykelly

I'm really sorry to hear that thats such unfortunate news ...does this mean that they are not performing anymore surgeries? surely they would have not approved you for surgery right before a funding review or at least warned you about it?
have you tried ringing bournemouth hospital yourself ? i don't know how you would do it maybe just call the main number and ask to be put through to the bariatric department...
sorry i can't give you any advice on that as don't know much about but i would defiantly try speaking to the department yourself as well as you gp appointment let me know how it goes , I'm sure there will be a solution for you as you need the surgery one way or another x x