• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

work related eating

joffy01582

having my bypass at the end of august but i've just been reading most of the work related stories on here but no one seems to be doing a manual/strenuous job (mothers excluded) so i'm a bit concerned about what intake i'd be needing whilst working ....................its a bit early i know but i like to get these things all sorted in my head first

atb jonathan

Hi Joffy,
the best advice I can give is to really try and get as much protein in as possible to give yourself the energy you need. Also drink plently of water whenever possible. I would also invest in some protein bullets which are ready made protein drinks, fat and sugar free (orange flavour are the best) they have 42g of protein in each, dont need to be stored in the fridge and can be taken even post op. Good luck and if your job is really strenuous I would strongly advise you to check with your surgeon that it is safe to go back to work first

Sue xx

i'm a carb counter too as i'm a type 2 diabetic on insulin .................heat affects the way insulin works in my body too .................i'm hoping to slow down or stop the insulin after my op in august ,but as my job can be quite strenuous (i spotweld vauxhall/renault vans for a living) i was just trying to cover all bases

Hi Joffy,
the best advice I can give is to really try and get as much protein in as possible to give yourself the energy you need. Also drink plently of water whenever possible. I would also invest in some protein bullets which are ready made protein drinks, fat and sugar free (orange flavour are the best) they have 42g of protein in each, dont need to be stored in the fridge and can be taken even post op. Good luck and if your job is really strenuous I would strongly advise you to check with your surgeon that it is safe to go back to work first

Sue xx

Hi Sue . . . I have never heard of protein bullets, can you please tell me more ?

Thanks, Kevin

Hi Kev,

Protein bullets come in a tube already mixed. They come in various flours but the orange is the best. They have 42g of protein in with no fat or sugar. They can be used as soon as you are able to have fluid after surgery, brilliant for carrying around with you for a quick fix of protein (I take one to the gym with me). They originated in America where they are offered after surgery. I get mine from www.discountsupplements.co.uk if you put IDS new whey liquid protein in the search box it will bring up the page you need. They are quite expensive but really useful. I always carry one with me in case I get stuck for something healthy to eat. Hope this helps
Sue xx

Back