• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Bluewoo still as Fed Up....UHCW

BluewooFedUp

Hia

I've been reading the threads for a few months and registered a few months ago under my usual Bluewoo.....BUT my problem is due to my email provider I didn't get my validations emails so I've registered under my Hubbys email to get round things - thus the Fed Up bit.

I need to stop lurking and start sharing. I read the ups and downs of the group and find similarities and differences in us all.

So please bear with me while I tell my tale... :read:

I always used to be active, mainly walking and cycling and at about age 20 I gained weight (due to Endocrine issues - yes it does happen) and got to be about a size 20 then lost weight through exercise and activity I got down to 12 stone. Then met my now Hubby :lilkiss: so we started dating, out for meals etc and I put on a stone!!!! Not happy and started working on it. I was in the works gym 3 times a week, walking during my lunchbreak and we were going for walks during the weekend.

This all seems so insignificant as I had a fall in 2008 which has affected my mobility amongst other things. I lost my job of 12 years, my weight piled on big style as I turned to food, I was frustrated with life, trying so hard but not getting anywhere. Battling pain was wearing me down and if anybody else tells me to "Make Pain my Friend" I will throw something at them...... :tomato:

But my Hubby stuck by me and we married in 2010. After a lot of working through things in my head through talking therapy, counselling, support of my Hubby, fantastic GP, Pain Management Consultant, the Coventry UHCW Group, and ME; I am now here.

Where is here......

I'm due for my Gastric Sleeve operation on 2nd August 2014 (if all goes well) :fingerscrossed:

When Jo the coordinator (who I haven't met but have spoken to a few times and she sounds GREAT) called me to tell me I had a surgery date I just went so quiet. I needed it to sink in and I just sat there crying with; relief, scared, hope; I'm not sure.

I'm having my wobbles, questioning my decision, feeling happy, cautions; but I'm now able to see past the op date and picturing how things might be.

I've tried out a few foods that I used to crave at times eg a cheese and onion slice and to be honest I really didn't like it and felt rubbish after eating it. :sign0137:

So I think that mind has found that magic switch and is trying to use it on a daily basis. It's not perfect and nor am I BUT I'm going to give it a damn good try with this physical tool that I'm being given.

Thanks for reading :clap:

What a great read! I look forward to reading your next one

Well sounds like ur in the right mind set hun. Dont worry about the wobbles its just natural to feel unsure of what u are about to undertake I was there ay last year had a complete melt down even though I had been through previous surgeries I couldnt help the doom and gloom. I chose not to dwell on it after having a good chat with hubby and well what can I say 14 month post op and feeling like a new person. :) good luck with ur surgery x

Hi Blue, i was done by the coventry team almost two weeks ago. Jo is great and will answer questions you may have.
Where in warwickshire are you? Im in Rugby..
If you ever need a buddy to compare notes etc..

Hi Blue, i was done by the coventry team almost two weeks ago. Jo is great and will answer questions you may have.
Where in warwickshire are you? Im in Rugby..
If you ever need a buddy to compare notes etc..

Hi Jan

Hope things are going well two weeks on...

I'm in Leamington Spa and tend to go to the UHCW support group. Do you ever go?

X

Hi Blue, is this the meeting on the second wednesday of each month? If so i will be going to the next one.
As for now, slowly moving on to pureed food...that is heaven, just can't stand the sight of yoghurts anymore..lol
X

Hi Jan

Yes this is the one, second Wednesday each month starts at 6.30pm. I've been going for a while to get my head round things and talk to a group of like minded people. They're a great bunch.

I'm hoping that I will be there and it will be over a week after my OP.

All being well I'll see you there :)

Great introduction Blue & not long to go now :) ..really looking forward to reading your diary in the near future x

Back