• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Totally broken (not 'wls' related)

Hi Darling, Glad to see that the majority of people are still trying to be supportive.

The CAB is a charity. You are perfectly entitled to contact them. In fact, if you ring before you go they can tell you whether they deal with immigration issues at that bureau and if not, which is your nearest bureau that can help. Dont be put off by the name. Anyone can use the service. I have very close contact with CAB through my job so I am confident when I say this. CAB will only give you advice and perhaps complete paperwork for you. They are not giving you money so you have nothing to worry about.

Can I ask you is your husband British? I hope you dont mind me asking. Obviously he is entitled to NHS care, regardless of his nationality, but if he is British, he should have recourse to public funds - ie Benefits.

I'm so sorry to hear that your husband is poorly. If his illness does turn out to be cancer, then the others who have posted are correct that free prescriptions are available to cancer patients - but ONLY if he has recourse to public funds. Otherwise he will unfortunately have to pay.

Have you had a chance to look at the links I posted yesterday morning. Turn2us may help you with grants and trusts WHICH ARE NOT PUBLIC MONEY SO ANYONE CAN APPLY. Also you should definitely speak to shelter for housing advice.

Just one last thing. Someone mentioned ( I think it was Caroline) that you should be entitled to benefits as you have worked. This is not correct I'm afraid, although I do appreciate that Caroline was only trying to be supportive and offer advice. You MUST NOT apply for benefits whilst you are subject to immigration rules. You will put your application to remain in the UK in jeapordy just by applying.

Ive got everything crossed that your housing situation can be resolved soon hun, and that your husbands health problems are not too serious, and also that you are able to find work soon. xxxx Big hugs

Great support Sam!!!

Hi Farzu :)

Just saying hello and I hope that you can arrange and access some of the advice and support suggested soon,

Isis :)

I HAVE FOUND A C.A.B IN WHITECHAPEL FARZU - GIVE EM A CALL AND FIND OUT WHERE YOU STAND.
Whitechapel (East End) Citizens Advice Bureau Information

Recommended as best for: helpful friendly advice, support and listening
Visit Website 0870 126 4014

The Whitechapel (East End) Citizens Advice Bureau is located at:
Unit 32
Greatorex Street
Tower Hamlets
London
E1 5NP
Advice times
Drop-in advice times
Mon: 09.45 - 15.00
Clients seen on first come, first served basis.

Tue: 09.45 - 15.00
Tickets given out at 9.45am

Wed: Appointments only 09.45-15.00

Thu: 09.45 - 15.00
Tickets given out at 9.45am

Farzu, I really feel for you hun. It must be terrible to have all of the weight of everything on your shoulders. And housing is one of those basic things that until it is a problem people don't really think about. I hope you are able to get the help you need and I hope that you know we are here to support you in any way you need. I am crossing my fingers that your poor husband does not have cancer.

I also wanted to share with you that we have alot in common. I too came here on a student visa, now have a resident visa and am looking for work and will continue my education. Eventually I want to be a citizen. I also long for a baby that would be the greatest joy to my family. I had my wls through the NHS last year and intend if needed to get IVF. So, know you are not alone. You have someone who can see things from your point of view. Please feel free to PM me if you want to chat or just have a moan.

Hugs & best wishes,
Nic;)

Morning Farzu - how are you doing? Hope you are able to get some advice and get the ball rolling on this problem for you - you definately need help as it will start to really affect your health even more if you don't. Let others help you sweetheart and get yourself and your husband somewhere nice and where you both feel appreciated. Sending hugs with fairy dust to keep you safe xx

I have managed some temporary solution. brought some money from my father back home. called the CAB and they asked me to go there next week.

Thanks ladies,
I have another good news. My husband went to his work place today to ask if he still has the job. The manager asked him to start working again form thursday. I am a bit relaxed now. If only i can find myself a job then all of our worries will be gone. Thankyou all for supporting me.

thats good news farzu, i hope every thing works out with work and finding a new place to live x

Thanks Liz, I have already started searching for a new place. I also spoke to the landlord and he doesn't want us to leave as we keep his house shiny clean :) . When i said i have already checked and found out that the rent in my area for a double room is no more than 80-100 pounds and can get a lot bigger room, He said he will reduce the rent to £400pm, which is totally affordable for us. I said i will think about it as moving to a new place is a big trouble as i have already moved 9 times in last 4 years. So, its going quite well now and hope it keeps going like this.

thats great news farzu all we need now is your hubby to get better and you on your on the list for wls.huge hugs to both of you x x sarah

Some good news for you at last Farzu, I am so happy for you. Please let it continue for you.

thYippee-51.gif

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS, SUN BEEN SHINING DOWN ON YOU TODAY FARZU X

Thanks Liz, I have already started searching for a new place. I also spoke to the landlord and he doesn't want us to leave as we keep his house shiny clean :) . When i said i have already checked and found out that the rent in my area for a double room is no more than 80-100 pounds and can get a lot bigger room, He said he will reduce the rent to £400pm, which is totally affordable for us. I said i will think about it as moving to a new place is a big trouble as i have already moved 9 times in last 4 years. So, its going quite well now and hope it keeps going like this.

Oh Farzu that is good news - just keep positive and i am sure that things will get better. You and your husband remain in my thoughts and prayers. Sending more hugs with fairy dust it seems to be doing the trick - keep safe xx

wow Farzu, Im happy to read your update. Sounds like you have had a day filled with positive news. Long may it continue xx

OH!! Thankyou very much ladies, i was so depressed and suddenly everything started getting on the right track. I am lucky that i have got so many friends who supported me when i was loosing my balance on the rocky roads. Love you all and will be always grateful.

Back