• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

World's Fattest Families

Twiggie

On C4 right now so catch it on +1 at 11pm.

Marc Dolan interviews families and also WLS discussions. Very interesting what I've seen so far.

:(Globesity:(

I was sad watching this, so many unhappy people. The girl who was pregnant again at 18 with her second child particularly upset me. Its so easy to see her son following in her footsteps. He had never even eaten a vegetable! They sometimes ate 3 times a day at McDonalds, education is needed there I think!

It was sad indeed. On 3 accounts.

1. To see the children being brought up like that.

2. To see the 18 year old saying all that and then having the burger etc.

3. I was exactly like that at one point and this is what I must have looked like to others.

And did you see how cheap the food was? 2 boritos or whatever they were, 99c. That's about 60-70p for 2 sandwhich type things! No wonder it's so easy to go down that road.

And did you see how cheap the food was? 2 boritos or whatever they were, 99c. That's about 60-70p for 2 sandwhich type things! No wonder it's so easy to go down that road.

Exactly, it's so easy to see why those in most poverty had the biggest obesity problems as they think they're doing well to feed their families on so little.

Very sad indeed :(

when i lived in the usa i put so much weight on . it is cheaper to eat out than to buy proper foods, the portions over there are huge to , thats why so many americans are so obese, its an easy trip to get into.. i think if the prices of healthy food came down, and it cost more money to buy crap food, then maybe people on a low wage could eat healthy, it seems to me that the wealthy dont seem to be obese, its more the average joe that has a weight problem, since i have been eating healthy my food bill has gone up by £40, it really does put a strain on your wallet eating healthy ...

I'm with you Tray on this one. I didn't see the programme but having done the dieting for years n years i know my food bill goes astronomical when i begin a new 'diet'!

Someone ought to look at the cost of healthy living compared to these cheap fast food places!

The thing that gets me is McDonalds do a chart of the fats etc in their food, unfortunately they dont do a comparison of what a good healthy cooked meal at home would cost! Sometimes it's cheaper to eat at home we just don't realise it.

One week when returning from fetching my stepdaughter the traffic was particularly bad (we were 30 miles from home) and the kids were hungry and had saw the sign for McD's. Five meals later and almost £20 down i realised i could have got a nice leg of lamb which would have done us for two days with veg for that much....

Back